View Full Version : Ambassadors

matt2501
27-07-2009, 10:20 AM
I know of four;

Ian Hislop
Baroness Betty Boothroyd
Justin King
Lord Coe

I'm not sure of the specifics of what they do, but I think more than one has spoken at big, Scout association events recently.

matt2501
27-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I now see that I was wasting my time as Wayne has answered at the same time!

And I was missing Seb Coe from my list!

TRH
27-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I now see that I was wasting my time as Wayne has answered at the same time!

And I was missing Seb Coe from my list!

Good advise is never a waste of time :thup:

I take it Justin King is the Sainsburys bloke.

matt2501
27-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I take it Justin King is the Sainsburys bloke.

I think so, Scouting has had a pretty good relationship with Sainsburys for a few years now (since around Eurojam time).

Keith
27-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Good advise is never a waste of time :thup:

I take it Justin King is the Sainsburys bloke.Yep Justin King is the Chief Executive of Sainsbury's and a big supporter of scouting.

Ashbourne_Akela
27-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Yes he is, but on the flipside as an employee of Sainsburys I wasn't aware he was an Ambassador! I know we have reasonably good links between the company and TSA, but it would have been nice to know! And believe me, I go for any thing to do with Scouts I find on the System!

Chris Neal 2008
27-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Peter Ducan... How can you miss him off!

Keith
27-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes he is, but on the flipside as an employee of Sainsburys I wasn't aware he was an Ambassador! I know we have reasonably good links between the company and TSA, but it would have been nice to know! And believe me, I go for any thing to do with Scouts I find on the System!I work for Sainsburys too and I was surprised.

Mang
28-07-2009, 06:35 AM
as an employee of Sainsburys I wasn't aware he was an Ambassador!

To be honest, all of these folk (and the role) are new to me, I had no idea...am I the only one?:confused:

Peter Ducan... How can you miss him off!
Once I read the list I wondered if he should have been on there. I guess Bear Grylls is sort of one with his high profile, he has put about his Scouting role on his own website.