PDA

View Full Version : Programme Plans

Graham
05-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

I am running some YL training soon on Programme Planning and in order to support them, I was hoping you kind folk may be able to send me some programmes so I can show them?

Examples from beavers, cubs and scout sections would be awesome!

Email is grahammm [@] gmail.com

Any help much appreicated

Graham

andypagett
05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi all,

I am running some YL training soon on Programme Planning and in order to support them, I was hoping you kind folk may be able to send me some programmes so I can show them?

Examples from beavers, cubs and scout sections would be awesome!

Email is grahammm [@] gmail.com

Any help much appreicated

Graham

You could look here for Explorer ones

http://www.helios-esu.org.uk/category/programme/

marcush
05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
I would speak to whoever does providing a balanced programme from the training team, as they should have examples of programmes, of term, year ones etc etc.

BigBadBaloo
05-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I would speak to whoever does providing a balanced programme from the training team, as they should have examples of programmes, of term, year ones etc etc.

Why? I think it is much more sensible to get some real programmes from leaders at the coal face, than some "ideal" that may or may not be realistic in the groups these YL's find themselves in.

These are going to be the leaders of the future and they need to know the realities (you can probably tell I had a really bad night at the pack meeting last night - so much so that I am truly thinking of jacking it in and letting somebody else have the grief).

Graham, I'll email you some stuff tonight when I get home and can access my machine with all the files on.

marcush
05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Why? I think it is much more sensible to get some real programmes from leaders at the coal face, than some "ideal" that may or may not be realistic in the groups these YL's find themselves in.

These are going to be the leaders of the future and they need to know the realities (you can probably tell I had a really bad night at the pack meeting last night - so much so that I am truly thinking of jacking it in and letting somebody else have the grief).

Graham, I'll email you some stuff tonight when I get home and can access my machine with all the files on.

My county have actual programmes from groups they use for training.

BigBadBaloo
05-10-2011, 03:09 PM
My county have actual programmes from groups they use for training.

Ah I get you - I thought you meant Gilwell. Your county is obviously better organised than mine! (although I still maintain you are better off getting real programmes rather some ideal used in training - although of course I accept your County's training material may be real programmes).