PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!!!

humpty
24-01-2007, 05:47 PM
So we must all of seen the snow this morning. Anyone got any storys to tell?

SO far today three acidents (that I have seen alone)

1. my dad drove me to college (didn't want me driving) and we found my sister parked in a bush. broken the suspension £1100 bill.

2. guy overtakes up 5 mins down the road. Comes back onto the left side of the road doesn't straighten up and cary's on into the field. (checked he was alive and carried on)

3. My father goes to pick my sister up and somebody forgets to turn at the corner. Straight into the front of him.

but its snowthing to worry about. anyone got any other story's or photos?

David
24-01-2007, 06:01 PM
no but my brother said that some girl, i believe, was riding her motorbike when he did his paper round.

i didnt see anyone really fall over at school :(

Klaynos
24-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Snow didn't reach this far south west... :D (it'd normally be :( but I quite like being able to easily get to exams)

humpty
24-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I am over near guildford south east and quite a few schools are shut and a number of my friends missed exams.

Klaynos
24-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Don't think my uni's ever closed for snow :\

They just throw down grit and salt and expect you to be able to make it in...

Oh well just one more exam to go before June :D

shiftypete
24-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Not all of us saw the snow this morning what with there being none in Leeds :(

Keith
24-01-2007, 08:48 PM
None in the north east either.

We had a few minutes worth today and yesterday, but none of it settled.

mattcollins171
24-01-2007, 08:55 PM

1. my dad drove me to college (didn't want me driving) and we found my sister parked in a bush. broken the suspension £1100 bill.

2. guy overtakes up 5 mins down the road. Comes back onto the left side of the road doesn't straighten up and cary's on into the field. (checked he was alive and carried on)

3. My father goes to pick my sister up and somebody forgets to turn at the corner. Straight into the front of him.

Must just be our area then, we had a good 1 to 2 inches this morning but it had all gone by lunch :mad: :mad:

mattcollins171
24-01-2007, 09:01 PM

Must just be our area then, we had a good 1 to 2 inches this morning but it had all gone by lunch :mad: :mad:.

I know that a lot of the schools around our area were close. I have to say though, it is a bit stupid shutting a school just because of a couple of inches of snow, in this day and age we, as someone quite rightly pointed out have salt and grit, sprinkle a bit of it about and hay presto the snow has gone. And there is this wonderful invention to keep a school warm, Heating. So what are they worrying about,grrrr. Right rant over

Penny E
24-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Much the same thing here Matt, but less of a drama - half an inch, all gone by lunchtime.

That didn't stop the "panic mechanism" from kicking in. One school mum rang another, who rang me. All before 7 am. "Is the school opening today, whaddya think?".

I hope none of these people ever move to Canada, the USA or even Switzerland!

MikeJ
24-01-2007, 09:13 PM

How much snow did you have, here in Kent we barely had an inch?

Craig
24-01-2007, 09:22 PM
depends which part of Kent MikeJ, had nearly 2 inches over in Snodland

Dave
24-01-2007, 09:23 PM
OK so I can blame Humpty's family for holding all the traffic up around here :bigsmiley . We must have had 3-4 inches by the time I left for work at 7 am. They were all clear by 9.am

Dave
24-01-2007, 09:25 PM
How much snow did you have, here in Kent we barely had an inch?

Well Snodland is only a stones throw over the North Downs from Gillingham. Headcorn had about an inch according our depot there.

Akela Ben
24-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Not more southern softies!:D

We don't mention the weather round here until the flood water is 4 ft deep and the wind reaches 120 mph. lol.

Joking aside, keep safe and watch out for the black ice that usually follows.

derekchambers
24-01-2007, 09:47 PM
London ground to a halt as usual but i never really saw much action

scottw
24-01-2007, 09:47 PM
we had about 3 inches here in sunny worthing - 1 school closed and trains were chaos hardlyanyone turned up to college

humpty
24-01-2007, 10:02 PM
OK so I can blame Humpty's family for holding all the traffic up around here :bigsmiley . We must have had 3-4 inches by the time I left for work at 7 am. They were all clear by 9.am

that's about it. at 7 am it was 3 or 4 inches thick. We had to use a newspaper to scrape the snow off the car before we could even worry about the ice. My car is an old Citroen AX diesel and the poor little battery couldn't warm the engine up enough to get it to start. Lucky the taxi service known as parent's are still around.

at 1 Oclock people where still having snowball fights outside the college library!

Richard
24-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Snow, what snow. :bigsmiley

MikeJ
25-01-2007, 06:38 AM
depends which part of Kent MikeJ, had nearly 2 inches over in Snodland

Gillingham

phil_cole
25-01-2007, 07:53 AM
We had 1-2 inches in Abingdon. Most gone by lunchtime, but there's still some in more sheltered bits now, 24 hours later.

Phil

weefatbob
25-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Unusual for you all to get snow but not any in Scotland!

humpty
25-01-2007, 08:51 AM
As i am wrighting this the snow is falling outside. It seems to be settling as well!

scottw
25-01-2007, 09:22 AM
bright sunshinen here!

Raksha
25-01-2007, 09:24 AM
None yesterday, none today either. Mind you, I was cruel yesterday, told youngest son (14) at 6.30am that there was 2 foot of snow outside! He got straight up, looked out the window then threw his pillow at me!

humpty
25-01-2007, 09:32 AM
At least he was on time for school though!

scottw
25-01-2007, 09:33 AM
i can imagine just how annoyed he was - lol

Penny E
25-01-2007, 12:23 PM
When I told my son to look out of the window at the pretty half inch of white dusted over the garden, his first comment was "what a shame there isn't a whole inch because school would have to close"!

What a namby-pamby society we live in!

humpty
25-01-2007, 02:11 PM
He just wanted the day of school. My sister phoned up yesterday morning asking if we were going into work/college. The only reason being if we werent it was a justification for her not to have to. She should of stayed at home really, then she wouldnt of stuck the car in the bush 5 mins down the road.

Bethanlouise16
29-01-2007, 09:35 AM
the only snow i saw was the snow on the trains coming from london!! but all the trains were bleeding delayed and i was late for college!!

jabberdabber
29-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I am in birmingham and barely even saw a snoflake? Did I miss it or did it not really happen?

Scattymare
30-01-2007, 04:26 PM
i don't believe it either. I am in south west ish wales and saw 6 flakes one night at about 10.30pm... not a great deal settled though :( then it rained and washed my car clean... well clean of snow lmao..... we're supposedly gonna get some in mid feb..... will believe it when i see it........and go sledging from the trig point with the kids :-)

scatty