This Site Uses Cookies. Please Click Here to view our Cookie Policy
    Thanks

Tesco Delivery offer

Hi,

Found this in a Tesco Magazine. Useful for those using Tesco delivery for camp, of course you haven't used Tesco Delivery before (not with this email anyway).

Code: xxjhr7 Gets you £10 off a £50 order.

Thanks
    can you believe that they have rules requiring an adult to sign? what use is that for a quite and lazy patrol camp? or explorers out on their own?

Has anyone tried them out on this? In practice, how many drivers will deliver the shopping to a kid?

Thanks
    Depends on the kid... my son's 16 and often at home
    Louise

GSL 1st Fenstanton & Hilton Scout Group www.scubes.co.uk

TA - Cromwell District (Cambridgeshire)

Media Manager - Cubjam2016

We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.
    -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks
    I've never used a home delivery service, I need to check labels and couldn't have them swapping things. I guess an under 16's signature couldn't be used if someone later complained that shopping didn't arrive ?

Plus I actually like food shopping

Thanks
    Well we never use tesco delivery, but if it is like most deliverys today where i am told, yeah just make a mess/scribble on the elctronic tablet it'll be fine!!
    Alex Hampson

Currently looking to join a group as a leader

1st Woodford & 6th Bramhall Scout Group

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregharewood View Post
    can you believe that they have rules requiring an adult to sign?
    It's because of alcohol or other age restricted items. I suppose they could consider allowing "under 18 accounts" which would not allow the purchase of alcohol, knives, solvents etc, but that is probably too much hassle for your average customer, who is just wanting a delivery at home and can usually arrange it so they'll be in, given that delivery at most even vaguely sociable times is possible and within short slots.

In any case, what's Tesco's minimum order? Ocado's is 40 quid, and shopping for a one night Patrol camp could easily come in well below this.

Surprised to see the couriers being slack on this - Tesco are usually *very* hot on age restricted stuff, to the point where they have been known to refuse to serve mothers with their teenage children.

Neil

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Williams View Post
    In any case, what's Tesco's minimum order? Ocado's is 40 quid, and shopping for a one night Patrol camp could easily come in well below this.
    They don't have one. I currently have an order open for 2 pints of milk. The £6 delivery charge make it 2 very expensive pints of milk!

I'll probably add to the order at some point before the deadline for modifying it

Scout Leader
    Thanks
    You can have as much or as little delivered as you want. Tesco do deliver to camp sites and regually give money off your order in terms of vouchers or free delivery. You also can collect Clubcard points for your order and if you really want to you can spend clubcard vouchers there as well. I get a better deal as i can use my staff discount and get further money off.
    You can tell them what product you want to exchange for another if the one you ordered is out of stock
    Regards

Steve Austin
    Assistant Scout Leader
    1st Honeybourne Scout Group

Thanks
    Thanks Steve, useful to know.

My problem is I need to check the labels, and packing that says 'Suitable for Coeliacs' is not always correct. It's just too complicated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn-Cubs View Post
    Thanks Steve, useful to know.

My problem is I need to check the labels, and packing that says 'Suitable for Coeliacs' is not always correct. It's just too complicated.
    I find a lot of labels / ingredients I can easily check on -line, through Tesco, manufacturers etc.

Then when I do the shopping list I e-mail it to the parent (s) of those with food allergies and ask them to flag anything / suggest suitable alternatives that I haven't already. Sometimes quite interesting as I suggest things they hadn't realised were ok

Once we have done 1 camp with a "new" allergy we are normally ok for the next. (to date it's only been nut, shelffish (!!!), gluten and lactose allergies we have had )
    Louise

GSL 1st Fenstanton & Hilton Scout Group www.scubes.co.uk

TA - Cromwell District (Cambridgeshire)

Media Manager - Cubjam2016

We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.
    -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks
    Gluten can vary massively. I have a tolerance level that means I can get away with small amounts, even above the CODEX limits - some people can't tolerate any at all, even below those. (Though I'm not celiac, it's just a normal low-level allergy in my case that nobody has ever been able to prove exists, but I know it does as if I eat gluten I get very itchy, nervous and feel awful for a few hours).

I *think* Ocado have full label info in their database. Might be wrong though - I forget if it has the full ingredients list.

Neil