This Site Uses Cookies. Please Click Here to view our Cookie Policy
    Thanks

new to the site and need pointing in the right direction

hi, am new to this site well I have been following it for about 2 years and i finally plucked up enough courage to join in. I need poiting in the right direction on how to find stuff, as am trying to get ideas for the beaver scout global challenge badge in relation to learning about wildlife conservation. such as games ect, as i ahve got some fantastic sheets from the rspb just need some games now.

ps i cant spell so dont get annoyed

libby

Thanks
    I would recommend looking at Programmes online, on the scouts.org.uk website, you should also try google.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoa1 View Post
    hi, am new to this site well I have been following it for about 2 years and i finally plucked up enough courage to join in. I need poiting in the right direction on how to find stuff, as am trying to get ideas for the beaver scout global challenge badge in relation to learning about wildlife conservation. such as games ect, as i ahve got some fantastic sheets from the rspb just need some games now.

ps i cant spell so dont get annoyed

libby
    Hi libby and welcome to

To look for ideas on this site you can use the search facility really simply. Click on the search button (above, between "mark forums read" and "quick links"). Suggest you then click on "advanced search" and fill in from there (helps you be more specific about what you are looking for.

So for example put "global challenge" in the keyword box and select just "Beavers" as the forum you want to look in from the list on the right.

Happy rummaging!
    Louise

GSL 1st Fenstanton & Hilton Scout Group www.scubes.co.uk

TA - Cromwell District (Cambridgeshire)

Media Manager - Cubjam2016

We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.
    -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart111_2010 View Post
    I would recommend looking at Programmes online, on the scouts.org.uk website, you should also try google.
    i have tried programmes online before and i occasional find the things they suggest dont always work, when try to do them on mass as there are some good ideas on there last thing i tired was making ediable rafts which was fun but the sweet laces bought just snapped. and i have had a very doddgy experince with other things too, but i have found some fantstaic things ion the past.

i have been doing beavers now for about 7 years and just need some freash ideas. as the programme is getting abit stale.

----------------
    The Following Was Added to the post within 60 minutes of posting the above
    ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Hi libby and welcome to

To look for ideas on this site you can use the search facility really simply. Click on the search button (above, between "mark forums read" and "quick links"). Suggest you then click on "advanced search" and fill in from there (helps you be more specific about what you are looking for.

So for example put "global challenge" in the keyword box and select just "Beavers" as the forum you want to look in from the list on the right.

Happy rummaging!
    thanks for your help
    Last edited by cocoa1; 24-08-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Merged Double Post

Thanks
    You could also join the Beaver social group. I am sure Heron will be along at some point as well - she always has fab ideas....
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple - Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoa1 View Post

i have been doing beavers now for about 7 years and just need some freash ideas. as the programme is getting abit stale.
    you definitely need to be having fun, agreed. but remember... a fantastic ideas that the kids love can be repeated exactly 2 years later.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    You could also join the Beaver social group. I am sure Heron will be along at some point as well - she always has fab ideas....
    ok how do i do that? once i learn m way around the site instead of what i have bene doing for the past 2 years just randomly looking at things every thing should make sence

----------------
    The Following Was Added to the post within 60 minutes of posting the above
    ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by big chris View Post
    you definitely need to be having fun, agreed. but remember... a fantastic ideas that the kids love can be repeated exactly 2 years later.
    yeah there ae a few favourites that we do 2 yearly, just the pack am in has a lot of boys cub age who come with the leaders who help with beavers as cubs meets staright after and they tend the cub age boys to runin for the beavers by saying we done that before, or they spoil the ending to things as they knows whats going to happen. and asking the one who are cub age not to attend is not an option it has already cause great disagreement within the group.

whats the Etiquette for borrowing other peole's ideas on this site, as i have just found a great link on some ones post to a 2 year programme and i ahve never thought of planning like that before. as to be honest out planning meetings are random. am in charge of ticking beavers off for badges and try to ster the meetings to make sure they are balanced. we are not a group who foccus soloey on badges either by trail and error i have realised we cover them all without much effort required the challennge badges anway.

am here to pick up new ideas and efficiant way of doing things always to get great ideas that work and spice up our programme.
    Last edited by cocoa1; 24-08-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Merged Double Post

Thanks
    Libby

Make use of whatever links you find on this forum. People post them here for you to use. Here is the link the the Beaver Scout Social Group http://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=42 where more than 110 members share ideas etc. Hope to see you on it.
    Simba (my daughter wouldn't let me be Rafiki, and now she's an explorer)
    GSL
    Birstall Scout Group
    West Yorkshire

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mallett View Post
    Libby

Make use of whatever links you find on this forum. People post them here for you to use. Here is the link the the Beaver Scout Social Group http://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=42 where more than 110 members share ideas etc. Hope to see you on it.
    thank you now its makingg more sence and am having a good browese through and getting some fab stuff

Thanks
    Hi Libby

welcome to

anything that gets posted on here is fair game for you to use and adapt .

If you do it a bit different and it works - let us know, we might 'pinch' it back!

Make sure its fun

Beavers are my favourite section as the rewards are instant when you get it right - And I've done Beavers, Scouts and Cubs and have helped at explorer events.

Just putting up an icelandic tent in the yard at the hut and getting them all to stand inside was a magic night. As was our 'night hike' - twice round a field by the church yard in the dark and into a 'spooky' stable building with our torches...

The look on the kids faces when they told their mums and dads what they'd been doing!

Don Tregartha
    Group Chair and Webmaster
    1st Wing Scouts

Check out our responsive Joomla web site www.wingscouts.co.uk one site fits all...

Thanks
    hello

i always find the simplist ideas the best we once did a night walk to one of the leaders farms in the dark it went up a track for about 1/2 mile, and hiden in the bushes was card bord sqaures covered in tinfooil and the lodges had to collect the sqaures with there co-respoinding colour dot on, so simple yet they loved it as it was dark and they had to use there torches which the timfoil reflected really well off.

Thanks
    Ill mention the Beaver Scout social group too.
    Keith "Hawkeye"
    Assistant Beaver Scout Leader (Woodbadge)
    1st Ingleby Barwick (St Francis) Scout Group