This Site Uses Cookies. Please Click Here to view our Cookie Policy
    Thanks

Question about Queen's Scout award

Hubby got his Queen's Scout award many moons ago.... as a leader (which he has been since being a scout ), is he still entitled to continue to wear the badge on his uniform?? I know in the USA, once a boy gets past age 21, there is a special knot to replace it on his uniform, and was wondering if there is something similar here?? Or if there is a certain age when a leader should stop wearing the highest possible badge you can earn in scouting??

I'm here to STAY!!!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by karenseascouts View Post
    Hubby got his Queen's Scout award many moons ago.... as a leader (which he has been since being a scout ), is he still entitled to continue to wear the badge on his uniform?? I know in the USA, once a boy gets past age 21, there is a special knot to replace it on his uniform, and was wondering if there is something similar here?? Or if there is a certain age when a leader should stop wearing the highest possible badge you can earn in scouting??
    Yes he can, I can remember a CC mentioning at a recent presentation that he was dissapointed he never got a chance to do his so couldnt wear them on his leaders uniform like the leader that they were being presented to (under 25 leader who had completed everything before he turned 18)
    All of the above opinions are mine and mine alone, they do not reflect the thinking or opinions of any Unit, Group, District, County, Region or National Organisation that I am a part of.

Thanks
    my understanding is that there is no upper age limit on wearing the Queens Scout Award and Duke of Edinburgh Award (Gold) as an adult, I have deep in the back of my brain some recollection that when I was starting in Venture Scouts (late 1990s) that there was some form of restriction on the DofE
    Martin Whelan

Thanks

Queen's Scout Award

Yes you can wear the badge on your uniform as an adult Rule 10.31 in POR
    I wear the design of the original badge presented to me in 1953.
    Adults can only wear the gold DofE
    Adults can also wear the Queen's Guide badge.

Thanks
    I believe in the past you couldn't wear the badge once you got past a certain age (this is what my dad said about his), but now you can, if he doesn't have the original then you can buy a replacement by contacting the QSA administrator at Gilwell, but they only have records since fairly recently so he may need to provide a copy of his certificate, this is what my dad had to do for his!

They can only provide the new style of badge though, so it probably won't be the same as the one presented originally.

Rach
    Quest Network
    ESL (YL) Derby North

Thanks
    I would like to Love finish off my Queens as I had to leave because they moved the age from 21 to 20 (Ventures) and now it's 25 years old as Networks.
    But that was 24 years ago and it was only my expedition that I needed to do.

Carl CSL 4th Darwin Cubs
    ADC Cubs - Melton Mowbray and District

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RachyClaire View Post
    They can only provide the new style of badge though, so it probably won't be the same as the one presented originally.
    It is possible to get copies (not originals) on ebay...

Try looking here.

I got these and gave a replacement to my grandfather - a King's Scout - as a 90th birthday present. The family joke was that he was for ever losing things. So I told him not to lose this one.

I am told that he was quite upset when I got my QSA that he couldn't find his KS badge.
    Michael Carchrie Campbell
    Chairman, FLAGS http://www.flagscouts.org.uk/
    Member, NSCF - National Catholic Scout Fellowship - http://www.catholicsinscouting.org.uk/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcc78 View Post
    It is possible to get copies (not originals) on ebay...

Try looking here.

I got these and gave a replacement to my grandfather - a King's Scout - as a 90th birthday present. The family joke was that he was for ever losing things. So I told him not to lose this one.

I am told that he was quite upset when I got my QSA that he couldn't find his KS badge.
    Or if you want one from the UK try here http://www.scoutbadges.eu/badge_list...w%20Format.pdf under UK badges near the bottom of the page - £2.00 plus p&p (but you only get one rather than a set of 3).

Thanks
    Or here.

Thanks
    As has already been answered, if you earn't it you can wear it, with no age limit. And of course you should, you worked hard for it so show it off!

Slightly off topic,

One thing I do find a real shame, is that the QSA isn't listed under awards in my back pack. Service awards etc all are, but why is the SA not recognising the QSA as an award? Surely the hard work deserves to be be recognised on our Scouting profile!

No mountain too high PeterSheppard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Marsh View Post
    One thing I do find a real shame, is that the QSA isn't listed under awards in my back pack. Service awards etc all are, but why is the SA not recognising the QSA as an award? Surely the hard work deserves to be be recognised on our Scouting profile!
    It's on the Badges screen, because it is a programme award, not a service award.
    Area Scout Network Commissioner/AAC Explorers - Gwent

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap... but by the seeds you plant"

Thanks
    Hmmm, My badges screen says no badges or awards found.

nele
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Marsh View Post
    Hmmm, My badges screen says no badges or awards found.
    Probably because when you got it the database wasn't used yet