This Site Uses Cookies. Please Click Here to view our Cookie Policy
    Thanks

Question Occassional Helper : Pre-provisional role

One of my parent helpers has not received back the full CRB check form as yet, on his scouting.org.uk details it says the OCH role is 'Pre-provisional'. Can he help out *at all* in a meeting? If I ensure he is not alone with the children etc etc but helps set up activities with another (uniformed) adult present? I am really desparate for helpers tonight!!

Thanks
    Yes, as long as he has no unsupervised access as you describe.

Stephen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooders View Post

Stephen
    Brilliant, thanks

Thanks
    Don't forget that there are only certain things that you need a CRB/OH form for, so if there's no unsupervised access, it's not a regular helper and it's not overnight then you don't need the form.

By the sounds of it what you've described meets that just fine. Assuming they have a good time tonight and want to start coming more regularly, then you'll need the OH all sorted - and by the sounds of it you're already well on the way to that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooders View Post

Stephen
    Brilliant, thanks

------ Update --- The Following was Added within 30 Minutes of the above ---

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Monster View Post
    Don't forget that there are only certain things that you need a CRB/OH form for, so if there's no unsupervised access, it's not a regular helper and it's not overnight then you don't need the form.

By the sounds of it what you've described meets that just fine. Assuming they have a good time tonight and want to start coming more regularly, then you'll need the OH all sorted - and by the sounds of it you're already well on the way to that.
    Thank you Scary, that is very helpful to know for the future - I will allow some ad hoc adults to help out while their CRB forms are being processed. I am trying to build up my parent helper rota (I am BSL) but CRBs are taking 2+ months to come back atm for some reason. Far too long for what essentially is a 5mins check...but don't get me started on the longwinded red tape which the Scouting movement surrounds itself in

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leobgh1 View Post
    Brilliant, thanks

------ Update --- The Following was Added within 30 Minutes of the above ---

Thank you Scary, that is very helpful to know for the future - I will allow some ad hoc adults to help out while their CRB forms are being processed. I am trying to build up my parent helper rota (I am BSL) but CRBs are taking 2+ months to come back atm for some reason. Far too long for what essentially is a 5mins check...but don't get me started on the longwinded red tape which the Scouting movement surrounds itself in
    There is no long winded red tape, or at least none that the movement create. I was with the DC on Monday in the 15 mins she was waiting for others to arrive she, made me a cup of coffee, entered the details for 3 CRB checks. Those will be back within 2-3 weeks max. We have a new Leader who is Polish, even accountign for it not being a a straighforward CRB check her role was sorted in less than 6 weeks. If it is taking 2+ months in your area then someone needs to dust behind their clock more often.
    Previously CSL/ ASL now Witch Master General ( West) ( Poacher turned gamekeeper!)
    Refugee from Dodge, washed up on the shore of a District that has read POR.