This Site Uses Cookies. Please Click Here to view our Cookie Policy
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Corrie View Post
    How about creating a district cubs page on Facebook
    That is a ****** good idea!

I have been pestering our district media contact to create a district page, but I don't see why we can't have a separate one for Cubs!

Another job for me next week!

Anastasia

DSNL
    DMDM
    TA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiepants View Post
    That is a ****** good idea!

I have been pestering our district media contact to create a district page, but I don't see why we can't have a separate one for Cubs!

Another job for me next week!
    Do you not have adistrict Directory with all people names, addresses and telephone numbers in it?
    Roger Woods
    Cub Scout Leader, Pegasus Pack,
    1st Sawley (All Saints) , Long Eaton
    www.sawley-scouts.org.uk

NSRA Air Rifle instructor
    GNAS Archery Instructor
    Country coordinator - Scoutlink
    Radio amateur (G8XAN)

Member of the BBBS

The Bring Bushfella Back Society. Join if you think he should stay. http://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/thre...ng-Cold-Turkey

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-uk View Post
    Do you not have adistrict Directory with all people names, addresses and telephone numbers in it?
    The DC has started up a google group for all members of the district, but you can't see their contact details, only send a mail shot to every leader in the district. Before that, I don't think there was anything!

Anastasia

DSNL
    DMDM
    TA

Thanks
    Anastasia, if they don't respond to emails, turn up to district events, provide up to date information to the ADC Cubs (by email? - as they don't respond to emails, that wasn't going to work!), then perhaps they just cba with district, don't need any support from District and are happy ploughing their own furrow.

Now I am all in favour of supporting my district, we attend many (but not all) District events and I attend every DCSL meeting, as I believe that the programme of District events offered enhances the programme that my leadership team are able to offer to our 2 packs. But there is one group (out of 7 Groups/10 Packs) in our District that very rarely attends the DCSL meetings, hardly ever attends any events. By all accounts, they have a successful group, but just don't take part in many/any District events. In my view it is their loss, but hey ho.

With regard to contact details, surely there must be somebody in district with these, if not for the CSLs, at least the GSLs? Could they not provide you with the information?

I donít know how large your District is, but with regard to visiting, do you have any District CSLs that could assist? Alternatively you need to prioritise your visits, so that at least you get to those Packs that arenít joining in, sooner than visiting the others.

The point of this is that there is only so much you can do, and if people don't want to join they won't!
    Peter

CSL - 2nd Bracknell - Scouting for North & East Bracknell - www.2ndbracknell.co.uk

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.Ě Lao Tzu (600 BC - 531 BC)

Thanks
    Agreed, could try GSLs, or the membership database - presumably if you hold a full ADC appointment you can see everyone at district and bellow?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by big chris View Post
    the district events are there to support your programme, you are welcome to take part but you can always give them a miss
    I must agree, District events arn't essential. Think of them as Extra Curriculum Activities. You dont have to do them but it would bee fun to do them

Thanks
    We have a District directory on a spreadsheet - very handy. I also have all my Explorer leader colleagues numbers to hand.

Any email I send out I ask for a response either yes or no - this tells me instantly if an idea is worth pursueing or not.

Barney

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910