PDA

View Full Version : Staged Activity Badges: Information Technology HELP

Chris
21-01-2004, 01:34 PM
ok i'm ok in assessing most of stage 5 Information Technology, except for one part.

Reflect critically on the impact of IT on their own life and that of others - consider political, social, ethical, economic, moral and legal issues.

Any ideas on how to asses this and what to look for?

they must have been too close to the camp fire when they wrote this one.

Martyn
21-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Reflect critically on the impact of IT on their own life and that of others - consider political, social, ethical, economic, moral and legal issues.

I guess they are looking for changes in things and making sure that the person thinks about the impact of IT

Political - Infomation on latest views and points is readly available - nomally all sides of the aguement.

Social - People don't write letters to each other any more
We text, e:Mail go into chat rooms etc
and even ask for advise in forums :)
Gadgets to do things (The fridge that is connected to the internet and orders more milk when you are low)

Ethical/Moral
You can do more or less what you like on the internet and be anonomouse

Economic - Working from home, faster access (Home banking, order on line)

Legal issues - is the internet policable ?

My thoughts anyway - I think it's to get the person to think about stuff that affects them

Martyn

marcus
21-01-2004, 02:58 PM
I'd agree with all of those points. I feel that the fridge might be getting a bit too far, but maybe cd burners could come under both social and legal issues.

Also all the extras you get on DVDs (my mother is a language teacher, so she can buy a film in english now and play it in german, or french with or without subtitles so it has helped her.

watfords
21-01-2004, 07:35 PM

This sounds like a typical question I got during my time at uni and set during my teacher training. I hate these kinds of things as it basically asking for the pros and cons of the impact and a few oter things.

It will also take loads of time to read through (I'm not laughing)

All the best and let me know how you have got on

Greg

watfords
21-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Whoops spot the spelling mistakes c u at lunchtime!