PDA

View Full Version : escouts.org.uk website

traynier
24-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Couple of suggestions / bugs on the escouts website itself.

1. You force people to login (and create an account) to view the forums, perhaps a bit overkill. However, it even stops you looking at the "find out about escouts" link at the bottom of the page.

2. However, bug! As a guest you can click on the "recent topics" on the home page, and then read through the forum as a guest anyway.

3. I think you should make the "find out about escouts" link MUCH MUCH more prominent :)

Graham
24-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Thank you four your suggestions, we will certainly take consideration to these.

Graham

mattw
24-04-2003, 11:57 AM
i think it would make much more sense to have it so you can view the forums as a guest, just not post

until recently you could post without logging in but i think Jon disabled that when some idiot started posting abuse as a guest

Graham
24-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Yeah, he did, for exactly that reason.

Ross
25-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Some good valid points. :) We are thinking of a new format for the site, so we may include all or definitely some of these points, so hold on!

We want to make the functionality and interactivity of the site site much better, so keep all your suggestions coming in!

Ross

Matt
26-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Just a consideration, preventing guest access to the forum completely will prevent the bulk of this site from being spidered by search engines.

Bloory
26-04-2003, 04:25 PM
In my haste (and upset) at the abuse, I did disable guest viewing, this should be fixed soon. I'm just catching up...