PDA

View Full Version : International Camps 2004

harrogate20thscouts
29-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Does anybody know of any camps that are happening abroad next year. I have looked at Scout Base and I have emailed all of the ones that seem to be suitable, but there aren't many. Does anyone know where I can find more international camps?

Matt
29-07-2003, 12:03 PM
There is the moot in Thailand in 2004 iirc.

harrogate20thscouts
30-07-2003, 08:59 AM
The moot is for 18+, and I'm looking for something for explorers.

Craig
08-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Intercamp!

Intercamp each year goes to a different country, tending to be in Europe.

Two years ago it was in Strasbourg, France. Last year it was in Gangelt, Germany. This Year it was in Hofstade (Mechelen), Belgium and Next Year it is in Czech Republic.

You will probably be able to find more information on http://www.intercamp-eV.8k.com but be careful, the English isnt word perfect, seeming that a foreign person wrote it. Its a nice Camp to go to one which 1st Snodland attends every year and has done since 1995 (or 1994) can't remember exactly

Oh and one other thing though, it can be quite expensive, we do lots of fundraising to subsidize it each year.

Craig Worcester
1st Snodland Scout Group & Pegasus Explorers

watfords
08-08-2003, 04:35 PM
This is memory work here so it might not be totally accurate

When I was looking around with our venture unit we stumbled accross a company called venture abroad (i think that is their name) and they offered trips abroad and sort most of the traveling details ect out so it will make things easier for your esu and yourself

Greg

Matt M
04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Poacher 2004 was a brill camp... Held at Lincolnshire Showground.