PDA

View Full Version : Old Training!

6thErith
06-05-2003, 02:47 PM
I have just come back into scouting after a few years. I want to know if I can still wear my old basic training badge (small round green one with the axe and log logo) and my basic training woggle (which I now believe to be called the gilwell woggle). I have ask in the district but no one seams to be able to answer my question. As I never completed by advance training I didn't get my wood badge.

Matt
06-05-2003, 07:08 PM
If you earned the badge and the woggle, as far as I know you are welcome to wear them.

If i were you, i would put them on and if anyone questions it wait until your DC/CC gets a straight answer.

Richard
07-05-2003, 03:03 PM
6thErith

As you gained it previously, you are of course entitled to wear the badge and woggle.

Under the new training Scheme, next year, or thereabouts, you will be assessed which will take account of your experience and your previous training, and your skills.

Fun

marcus
08-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Carrying on with training, some of us are waiting around for the new scheme to be implemented. Should I try to start the old scheme or is it better to wait?

Just a little confuzzled at the moment

Simon
08-05-2003, 12:28 PM
In answer to question, if what I can remember is true, is that gradually the old training programme is being phased out and so th new training taking its place. With the new training, it has the potential for not making you retrain in areas that you already know about so you obtain training on what you need to know.

I know that I am personally going to wait for the new training to start my training as I know there are things on the old training course which I already know about and so would be wasting my time just going over things I already know and as time is so precious you don't want to waste it.