PDA

View Full Version : [Wanted] Cubs badges from 71 - 74 ish

T.J
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi
I was in the 1st Galashiels cubs in the early 70`s. I went on to Scouts and then moved south where I unfortunately couldn`t get in to a unit.

After 30 odd years away from Scouting, I now find myself leading a scout unit in Norfolk....don`t ask me how !!
I`d like to start a camp blanket with the cubs arrows, sixer and seconder stripes and name and district tags from my original unit if possible.
I know it`s a long shot but can anyone help me please?
Thanks
TJ

wolfie
08-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Sorry TJ can't help with badges, but welcome to :escouts::)

T.J
08-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks, Wolfie.
:thup:

khoomei
08-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi TJ

So they caught you after 30 years!

I can help you with a set of arrows, sixer and seconder stripes. Send me a message if you are interested.

As for group nametape, your best bet is to contact your old group - try this (http://www.galashiels.bordernet.co.uk/scouts/).

Your old county badge might be tricky. Which county was Galashiels in?

T.J
09-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Hi TJ

So they caught you after 30 years!

I can help you with a set of arrows, sixer and seconder stripes. Send me a message if you are interested.

As for group nametape, your best bet is to contact your old group - try this (http://www.galashiels.bordernet.co.uk/scouts/).

Your old county badge might be tricky. Which county was Galashiels in?

Hi Khoomei

Thanks for the offer of arrows. I`ll PM you later today.
Gala used to be in Selkirkshire. I believe it then became Roxburgh, Peebles and Selkirk, and is probably something generic like South or Borders now.
I have a feeling this may be tricky!!
The badge had an image of a wolf looking up at a tree of " soor plooms" as I remember

martin1981
09-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Hi Khoomei

Thanks for the offer of arrows. I`ll PM you later today.
Gala used to be in Selkirkshire. I believe it then became Roxburgh, Peebles and Selkirk, and is probably something generic like South or Borders now.
I have a feeling this may be tricky!!
The badge had an image of a wolf looking up at a tree of " soor plooms" as I remember

if you google the international badger club, and then look at the vadge directory you should be able to confirm which county

T.J
09-10-2009, 01:34 PM
if you google the international badger club, and then look at the vadge directory you should be able to confirm which county

Thanks Martin.

Have found Selkirkshire which is now obsolete!
I got the tree right but it has a stag on it!

khoomei
09-10-2009, 06:18 PM
OK, after a few washes, I guess the stag might look like a wolf!

As I said, Selkirkshire might be tricky, I will keep my eyes peeled.

T.J
10-10-2009, 10:08 AM
OK, after a few washes, I guess the stag might look like a wolf!

As I said, Selkirkshire might be tricky, I will keep my eyes peeled.

Well, like I said it was 30 odd years ago !

Maybe there was another one with a wolf LOL.
If you come across Selkirkshire, I am definitely interested .
Thanks
TJ