PDA

View Full Version : E107

jamieharrop14
27-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Right you lot, :D

Before you all go rushing off to install e107 i suggest you have a think, i am not putting the program down or anything, it is just that i have had quite alot of problems with it and i know a few other escouts members have aswell. It is great, but be aware, you may come in to several problems.

Just thought i better let you all know before you start ripping your perfectly good sites to pieces.

8)

stuartr
27-05-2003, 08:08 PM
not that I will be using it (i co-wrote most of my own CMS thingy), but it may be usefull if you give examples of any problems you have? Just a thougth...

Stuart

Ross
27-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Yes. I've just installed it for the team - No problems for me so far :)

Ross

GrumWSmith
27-05-2003, 09:12 PM
No offense, but if it's installed properly it won't cause any problems on a cPanel server, or any other for that matter. The only one it has issues with is IIS.

What exact problem are you facing? Cause if you post it on the forum, or even better, the bug list, it *will* get fixed, but I can't see how it would have got round so many people testing and using it on their main sites.

rosschapman
30-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey. I've already had a word with Graham and Jamie, but I still can't get the calendar working on www.bassett-ventures.org.uk/index.php . it says that

[code:1]Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/bassvent/public_html/event.php on line 569[/code:1]

Does anyone else know what's wrong with it. I've reinstalled it about a dozen times, and still it doesnt recognise event.php

cheers,

mattw
30-05-2003, 10:18 PM
have you got the file event.php so that we can take a peek (or even just the few lines near 569)??

GrumWSmith
05-06-2003, 12:44 AM
New version of e107 released.. check out the homepage at http://e107.org

GrumWSmith
05-06-2003, 01:38 AM
FAO Ross: I *think* it's not working because you haven't properly defined a category for the event to go into. That's why you're getting the error.

They all have to be in a category with a logo for each category