PDA

View Full Version : Scout Troop T Shirts

rosschapman
28-05-2003, 07:32 PM
We are designing a new Scout T-shirt for use on trips, activites and informal occaisions.

Please vote and see the designs at: www.bassett-scouts.org.uk/scouts/shop

The Leaders will have polo shirts and the Scouts have T Shirts. What do you think?

Graham
28-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Look nice, they have that nice modern look.

marcus
29-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Seems nice, take it it's for scout section only

harrogate20thscouts
30-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Make sure you check with HQ, before you make the T-Shirts, because I know some people that got into trouble for using the logos 'wrongly', better do it now, before you get into trouble. There shouldn't be a problem, as long as you keep the logos in proportion.

rosschapman
30-05-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the tip :-D . I checked POR and they want Scouts to wear the £9:00 polo shirt as optional gear, but our Scouts would want T Shirts. I'll inform HQ, but this kind of thing has been done before without any problems. May have to comprimise with polo shirts with images screen printed on top!?!?

YiS

Chris
30-05-2003, 10:53 AM
Can anyone sugeat a cheap place to get polo shirts made up?

mattw
30-05-2003, 12:40 PM
i wouldnt bother checking with HQ to be honest, when will they ever see them and what are they going to do if they do? Just my opinion, i would hazard a guess that if they saw our explorer scout t shirts they wouldnt be too chuffed.

as far as getting stuff made goes i would just decide what you want (ie print or stitching) and grab the yellow pages - most places will give you a rough quote over the phone. If you want an online outlet www.azurelogo.co.uk arent too bad but you will possibly do better locally. If you want more than just text then anywhere you go will be likely to charge setup at around £30 for a stitch plate and £10 for a screen print.

we havent had polo shirts made but we have had T Shirts which cost us £5.60 each (for 12 printed full size front and back) and hoodies that cost us £16 each (for 12 embroided front side only).

Bloory
30-05-2003, 09:43 PM
As I recall the issue HQ had was people using the logo to produce cheaper, superior uniform to theirs.

mattw
30-05-2003, 10:14 PM
yeah the shirts and trousers are a bit of an issue cos they're such a rip off for the official ones. Im not sure how much the scout trousers cost now, but none of our lot wear them as our SL has found somewhere on the net where he can get Regatta ones which are exactly the same without Scouts written on them for about £12, although they do all have to cough up for the official shirt.

personally i think HQ should realise that they charge too much for the stuff and do something about it (think how many they are having made up for the whole country!) rather than winging when members try to cut costs.

marcus
31-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Some of ours started in the official trousers (including me I got them straight off) but the Regatta ones are better, cheaper and harder wearing, not surprising that the scouts are going for them.

PS: The zip fastener on the the official trousers isn't made of metal and breaks too easily, a couple of ours have noticed that.

rosschapman
15-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Well, after a month from conception to production, they're now ready. I've had a good response from the Scouts, their parents and many of ther public.

Have a look yourself, what do you think of them?

http://www.bassett-scouts.org.uk/scouts/shop/activitywear.shtml

cheers

Graham
15-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Nice, I like them!

PJ
30-07-2003, 06:47 PM
Very nice T-shirts and the polo shirts are even better, we're thinking of something along those lines for our local Scout Network. Maybe we'll post a vote site for our ideas!

watfords
30-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Like the shirts think they are quite cool.

I have just recently with my troop made a load of polo shirts for our summer camp they had a stiched logo on and costed around £5 (can't remember how much now)

This was done through one of our local camp sites in Hertfordshire if you want to contact them go to

w: http://www.tolmers.org.uk

e: [email protected]

Hope this helps

Greg

Wisey
18-08-2003, 08:00 AM
I'm impressed with the T-shirts.

Are you making these available for sale to people from other groups around the country? I'd be interested, if that was the case