PDA

View Full Version : ict exam

Daniel
09-01-2004, 04:12 PM
hi,

just a quick question to anyone that is willing to help;

i am currently doing the AVCE ICT (Double Award) at collage and i have two ict exams over the next two weeks

can someone just give me a short description of the following and an example; (as the descriptions i have are quite long, lol)

EDI
MIS
LAN
WAN
E-Commerce

i think thats it but you never know with exams, lol

thanks

daniel

Scott
09-01-2004, 04:35 PM
LAN - Local Area Network, where several computers are linked together, usually with in one site, I.E. a business premises
WAN - Wide Area Network, where computers in different counties, countries or even continents are linked together though a connection such as the internet.
E-Commerce - where a business uses the internet to sell it's products.

HTH

Scott

Scott
09-01-2004, 04:36 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!

harryman100
09-01-2004, 04:58 PM
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) works by providing a collection of standard message formats and element dictionary in a simple way for businesses to exchange data via any electronic messaging service.

harryman100
09-01-2004, 04:58 PM
BTW, I got that from a website, I know very little about EDI apart from what it stands for.

Good Luck!

Martyn
09-01-2004, 06:30 PM
EDI - Is used to exchange information - I have seen it used for a customer to send an order in and the invoice to be sent back to the them.
MIS - Management Information System or Systems - A system proving reports and information for management
LAN - Network over a local area not using external communcation links
Wan - Network over a Wide area using external communcation links
E-commerce - Best descripation I have heared is
'Clever E:Mail' - If you think about a shopping site that's all it really is

Martyn

Daniel
09-01-2004, 10:41 PM
thanks alot

the descriptions given at college were very long and i would never have remembered them,

i have two exams one this next week then one the week after

ict in organisations

internet services and systems

thanks for everyone aboves help

daniel