PDA

View Full Version : Donate to Escouts?

JohnR
23-08-2003, 02:28 PM
I see that we're now being invited to contribute to the cost of Escouts - "any amount, large or small".

Not before time, I've got to say! Somebody must be picking up the tab for this excellent resource, and it can't be fair that the people who pick up the tab in terms of time are also expected to pick up the tab in money, too.

But I don't have a clue how much all this costs, so I've no idea what might be an insultingly small contribution, and what might be ostentatiously excessive! Give us a clue, what does the service cost? I'll be very happy to go to the Group Exec for a sub on the basis of paying our way. As should everybody else here - hint, hint!

Bloory
23-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Hi John :)

I pay for Escouts - moving to the Uk has meant that I have been able to reduce the cost to £149 per month for the server, then there is setup, domains, skins, autoinstallers etc. It's not a cost I mind paying - I feel guilty that Pathfinder Hosting gets a mention but the aim is to get that profitable enough to pay for the Escouts server.

Ross
24-08-2003, 07:21 AM
I hope that answers you question! Please feel free to donate as much as possible as every little penny helps! If you need any help in using the PayPal service, please do not hesitate to ask on these boards or the helpdesk :)

Ross

JohnR
24-08-2003, 08:14 AM
So on the basis that, of the "more than 250 hosted sites", about 150 have any substance, if we all made an annual donation of £12 we'd be splitting the burden equitably - that is, we'd be paying a pittance for an excellent facility, and Jon would be investing blood, sweat and tears. Seems fair to me.

Ross
24-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Probably about 275 - 300 now!