PDA

View Full Version : Scout programme ideas for one night

jimjam
10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Later this term the SL at the troop i'm a YL at has asked me to put together a programme plan for one night. However, i'm a little bit stumped for ideas (a lot of mine have already been used this term). If anyone has any ideas they would be gratefully received.
NOTE: the hall has a large outdoor area, so i would quite like to do something on the field

Thanks

DuncanHill
10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Do you have access to Programmes Online? If not, get your ESL or ESL(YL) to create a membership record for you, this will give you a membership number which you can use to access POL. There are a lot of ideas there for activities and programmes.

TRH
10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Later this term the SL at the troop i'm a YL at has asked me to put together a programme plan for one night. However, i'm a little bit stumped for ideas (a lot of mine have already been used this term). If anyone has any ideas they would be gratefully received.
NOTE: the hall has a large outdoor area, so i would quite like to do something on the field

Thanks

useing two teams. Both teams using a compasm sisal and pegs, designs a figure of some sort, ega simple house, they have to write down the compass bearings from one point to the other. When both completed they had their instructions to the other team who then try to make the shpe by following the compass bearing given to them

or for indoors you could try to get them to make (out of straws and sticky tape) a cradle of sorts that will hold an egg, so when the cradle with the egg inside is dropped from a height, the egg survives

jimjam
10-06-2011, 03:01 PM
thanks TRH, i quite like the sound of the bearing activity

Duncan, unfortunatley we haven't had an ESL (YL), or any YL training, for nearly a year now. However, could the DESC set us up on POL?

DuncanHill
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM
thanks TRH, i quite like the sound of the bearing activity

Duncan, unfortunatley we haven't had an ESL (YL), or any YL training, for nearly a year now. However, could the DESC set us up on POL?

Yes, a DESC ought to be able to do it.

dragonhhjh
10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
You could run a troop forum? Find out what they want to do later on? I think it helps one of your young leader missions, too.