PDA

View Full Version : More Users

Ross
30-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Is it possible that people can be notified to start posting in this forum? It is getting quite boring and I am sure that the rest of the registered users are feeling this way, that this forum is hardly posted to.

COME ON PEOPLE! START POSTING!

Ross

P.S - Sorry for the caps lock - ehhh - I must have left it on!

Bloory
01-10-2002, 05:45 AM
:rolleyes: You mean, another board to play on ?

Jon

Ross
01-10-2002, 07:00 PM
No, just to get people interested in using this forum. It will make Escouts users become closer and everyone will be able to help each other. Well . . . that's what the Scouts are all about!

Bloory
01-10-2002, 08:38 PM
True Ross, true.

It is difficult really, we perhaps need to readvertise the forum, including to none members. To my mind, given the number of inappropriate posts on URS and the amount of spam about, I would encourage people to signup as forum members and post here. At least then we can chuck spammers off!

As far as the web building goes, I'm no longer supporting my helpdesk. When time allows I shall be adding some knowledge base questions here for people on the new server too. Actually, Richard & I are on the very same machine now, so a FAQ would make more sense.

enigma
10-11-2002, 10:25 PM
I've found that give it time and people will find this forum and if the content and replies are worth it they will return. I post a lot on a music forum all about a band called Yes and that started with only a few of us regulars and now the registered members are are up in the thousand plus.
Dave

Allan Thomson
17-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I have recommended it to a few people. How about getting the association itself, and the Scouting magazine to publicise it?

Ross
17-06-2003, 03:16 PM
We could. Can you reccommend how you do this or do you know someone involved?

Ross

minigbh
17-06-2003, 03:19 PM
have you tried posting it on a search engine to get more people to the site> :!:

:micro:

harrogate20thscouts
17-06-2003, 03:53 PM
I know it would be better if there were more people, but the forum isn't that bad, there is quite a lot of postings.

Graham
17-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Maybe, I know our district do it is send a magazine to all the troopr and just post something in there, if you get that.