PDA

View Full Version : a definative list of scout camp sites

17-06-2003, 03:16 PM
hi
i'm trying to compile a full list of campsites in the uk but have found that not all are on the net or yellow pages an was wondering if anyone had a list of camp sites they would share?? as many as possible really!!

thanks

Mattrombone
17-06-2003, 03:47 PM
um well in my area we have:
Bushywood
Blacklands Farm
Broadstne warren, I can get the addys if you havnt already got them.

minigbh
17-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Have you tried looking at the scoutbase camp site directory.

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin/camping/db.cgi?db=camping&uid=default

harrogate20thscouts
17-06-2003, 03:51 PM
On my website I have a list of campsites that we have visted (mainly in Yorkshire and the North). It is my campsite directory, sadly my website is offline at the moment otherwise I would give you the address. When it back online you'll be welcome to link to them

Have you tried the Scout Base directory -www.scoutbase.org.uk, they have most of the 'official' sites on there in some form.

If you'd like to know the address of the site, I will tell you. Just PM (Private Message) me, and you can link to them if you acknowledge the content is mine.

Thomas

harrogate20thscouts
17-06-2003, 04:54 PM
The post before me mentioned the full address of the directory, that's what I meant, but my site has (or will do when it's back online) a directory from people who have camped there, not the managers opinions.

harrogate20thscouts
29-07-2003, 09:38 AM
My campsite directory is http://www.harrogate20th.escouts.org.uk/Features/campsite

luke
29-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Here are the main two close to us that are used frequently: Beaudesert Scout and Guide Camp and Patshull Scout and Guide Camp. There is also one a little further away, Kinver Scout and Guide Camp.

Full links available from http://www.firstwalsall.org.uk/links/links.php?cat=6

Another is the Woodlands Campsite that has many adventurous activities like aerial slides (like those in the Krypton Factor) etc but I don't know of a website.

I guess you have already seen the ScoutBase Campsite Directory pointed out by minigbh. My only question is why to duplicate this database?

On our website, we have links to local campsites that we use so that parents can see where their child will be staying at whilst away from home.

If you create an additional database of camp sites, then there are more chances of creating errors or not having all the details up-to-date, hence providing conflicting information. Additionally it looks more official to have the main database hosted by the official ScoutBase website.

Perhaps areas that the ScoutBase database does not focus on are how good the facilities available are, nor does it list private campsites that Scouting groups have used in the past which could be of use.

I guess if you were to create a database that had features like this rather than just listing their contact details, it would benefit people more.