PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup 2003

jamieharrop14
22-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Ok ok, so i posted just to annoy the Scottish people among us! Only joking. :-D

Just thought i would congratulate the lads on their victory.

I dont want to hear anyone complaning about Jonny Wilkinson, lol. The point is we have him and we have him for a use, his kicking ability. ;)

I can see this getting in to a very good debate. Bring on the ref's! :P

Graham
22-11-2003, 05:30 PM
hehe! Was a good match, never known such a tense match, shame about giving away so many penanties but neevr the less Jonny's kick was good.

Craig
22-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Superb Drop Kick right at the end that clinched it :)

Well done job lads :)

Swwwinnngg lowww... Sweeet Charriott...

jamieharrop14
22-11-2003, 08:14 PM
hehe.

Comin' for to carry me home!

;)

Ross
22-11-2003, 10:43 PM
I have to say - it was a very scrappy game. I am Scottish, but I am not speaking from a rival's point of view. It was said on TV, by English commentators/presenters that it was scrappy and I can only agree. Ball handling was not too good, and Jonny Wilkinson pulled you through. It was lucky you have him.

Any Irish/Welsh/Scottish people like to comment :P

Ross

Martyn
22-11-2003, 10:52 PM
But they won (and scored a try)

Any Austrailian people like to comment ;)

Martyn

Ross
22-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Yes they did Martin.

I have to say that Australian fans were shouting "Boring, Boring" as it was Jonny Wilkinson running the show...again.

Ross

Martyn
22-11-2003, 11:02 PM
They were just trying to put him off

I find this interesting

Australia:
Tries: Tuqiri
Pens: Flatley (4)

England:
Tries: Robinson
Pens: Wilkinson (4)
Drop Goals: Wilkinson

It would have been a better game in good weather

Martyn

Craig
23-11-2003, 10:23 AM
yea, Martyn is right, they had as many penalties as us. It was our final drop goal that clinched it.. it was a tense game, but in the end, Wilkinson saved the day.

Must have been a downer for Austrralia to lose to England at the Telstra Stadium in Sydney, home turf advantage they said.

I thank the english weather ;)

History would have been made either way yesterday. If England won (which ofcourse we did), We would be the first country in the Northern Hemisphere to get the cup. If Australia had got it, they would have been the first country to have retained it.

It was a good game, and very tense throughout. But the Drop Goal in the last minute with 20 seconds to go saved the day.

It was a good game by all in my opinion, i'm just happy england won

mattw
23-11-2003, 06:53 PM
well i never really follow rugby, and would never ever normally get up at 8:45 to watch a match - but im sooo glad i did yesterday. Couldnt really have been better to watch in my view, and it was a perfect end with Wilkinsons drop goal.

also it was handy cos i got to edit the whole sports package for university radio and so got to re-live the moment all day (and hear Jeruasalem many times :-D )

also to win despite some of the refereeing decisons being a tad sketchy most of the match, i think is even better.

Sorry to all the bitter scotsman out there, best just stick to the curling me thinks ;)