PDA

View Full Version : Are your District keeping you well informed about 2007

Daniel
11-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Well are your district keeping you upto date on their 2007 plans?

Akela Ben
11-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I have received no information at all regarding 2007, as far as district are concerned. No surprise there though. That is why we are organising pack events instead.

This is the district that didn't want to do anything to celebrate 20 years of Beavers at a district level.

curtisuk
11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
well as I am organising events for our district and hope all groups have been informed but on the other hand I have had nothing from our county.

Daniel
11-11-2006, 08:14 PM
County, hmm, thats next weeks poll ;)

wolfie
11-11-2006, 08:37 PM
So far I think our District are doing ok. There is information on the District web pages and next Monday we have an all leaders meeting to go through what's planned etc. (which though I'm not a leader (am Chairman)I'm going to because I suffer QHS, and am Project Manager for the Sunrise event!!!)

(ok - so QHS is "quick hand syndrome". You know what I mean, they start asking for volunteers and your hand goes up all by itself before your brain kicks in and says "Noooooo":smash: )

RichmondDESC
11-11-2006, 09:07 PM
We had a centenary launch day a couple of weeks ago attended by 75 leaders from all but 2 of the groups in the district.

Loads of information was given out on the day and more is being made available as it appears.

jshirra
12-11-2006, 12:51 PM
I am a vice-chair and have recieved one letter (with a free century badge btw :)) and thats it. The letter had all the plans for the century in it but it brief and at the moment have heard no more (could just be that the letters will be disributed nearer the time!)

JS

derekchambers
12-11-2006, 07:36 PM
what excisting activities have your districts planned (if any) for next year so it is not justt another ordinary camp

Del

RichmondDESC
12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Next year for us is looking very busy, there is something going on every month that we are trying to take part in as a district, whether it be a district or national event.

We are running our own Centenary Camp to coincide with the Jamboree and the Sunrise ceremony. We have 2 days of onsite activities, one day at Whipsnade and one day at the Jamboree. The 1st August we are having a huge funday with approx £10 per person being spent on bringing in outside activities and entertainment (approx 1250 people, nice big budget) - it should be a camp to remember!

mediamanager
13-11-2006, 09:27 AM
County, hmm, thats next weeks poll ;)

Be gentle with us - we have tried!

phil_cole
13-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Should really clarify my "small amounts" vote - I've heard next to nothing through the official District channels, but my DESC and ESL and my wife & I are the ones planning stuff for the Explorers. Not currently aware of anything going on for Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. There may be a centenary camp in May and there might be a county Aug 1st event, but nothing has come out yet about either :(

Phil

Daniel
13-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Be gentle with us - we have tried!
Hehe, who said anything about WYS hehe. The Mailing list is a great resourse.

I've had quite a bit of info from county, but ill leave that till next week for its own dedicated thread ;)

Mark: i'm sure everyone in the county must know about at least one event next year

Here I am again banging the "Disneyland Paris" drum!
:D I'm Not compalining, i would prefer to be reminded a number of times of events than to say i never knew about that, and im sure im not the only one.

Raksha
13-11-2006, 09:33 PM
As far as I am aware the District is doing nothing to celebrate teh Centenary. We as a Grp are hoping to hold a group camp (first ever) as none of hte leaders can manage the may w/e we are holding it in June - it will rain, guaranteed!

keef.63
14-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Same District as Phil Cole but even the Gsl has had nothing, as far as I'm aware the person in overall charge of the may camp has not been given the go ahead by DC. As for August sod district we're of to summer camp.
What the hell is going on, as far as I know the centenary begins in 47 days!

keef.63
14-11-2006, 06:40 PM
:angryfire sorry that was the reason for a NO vote!:angryfire

Alec
17-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Firstly, I haven't voted because I think the poll is aimed at Leaders who need information about 2007. As a young person, I wouldn't get information from District level anyway, it would come from a section leader.

However, yesterday I was at a District meeting for all Leaders (giving a presentation about Jamboree fundraising). Our DC was pushing the 2007 ideas forward quite a lot. He showed the DVD which came with the last issue of Scouting magazine. He encouraged everbody to use the JIC packs and he rightly said that he would be disappointed to see a souvenir version of the JIC pack still in its packaging, in 2008. He wants to see our copies of the JIC thumbed and well used!

Our district has a camp in Holland in the summer, and that has been advertised since summer 2005, when it was first decided! So I think the adults in our district are being kept well informed on Centenary plans!

samiswright
18-11-2006, 12:59 PM
well GLMW county has been doing really well with the information, there is a mini jamboree in may and there is a lot of other info about activities in 2007.
as for the district they are slightly behind in getting info out but we do have our own jamboree camp in Holland, and as DSL i am forwarding all the info i can out to all the leaders who will listen to me.
there is more information on the web than is being handed out so i have had to look for it to be able to hand it out.
i would say that most leaders in the district have a good idea of what is on offer in 2007.

Arkelar
21-11-2006, 02:12 PM
The communication in our District is poor anyway. In the past, events have been cancelled due to lack of support - but what do they expect when little notice is given for leaders to get the sections organised.

Next year we are holding a Founders Day Service a week late to avoid Half Term and our District Camp is 3 weeks earlier than the rest of the UK. I'm told that St. George's Day is going to be the same format as every other year.
No District Sunrise celebrations arranged although most of us will be at www.h007.org.uk hopefully.

Is it me?

Raksha
21-11-2006, 10:47 PM
No District Sunrise celebrations arranged although most of us will be at www.h007.org.uk hopefully.

Hope to see you there! Track us down, we will be the tents with the rain clouds over us!!!!

mattcollins171
21-11-2006, 11:18 PM
The communication in our District is poor anyway. In the past, events have been cancelled due to lack of support - but what do they expect when little notice is given for leaders to get the sections organised.

Next year we are holding a Founders Day Service a week late to avoid Half Term and our District Camp is 3 weeks earlier than the rest of the UK. I'm told that St. George's Day is going to be the same format as every other year.

Is it me?

What district are in???

Akela Ben
22-11-2006, 10:11 AM
In reply to Arkelar's 'is it me?'

No its not just your district, my district hasn't organised anything or if they have they are keeping it to themselves. This is way we are organising lots of activities as a Cub Pack.

wolfie
22-11-2006, 09:49 PM
An update after the District meeting I mentioned in a previous post. We seem to be doing really well in terms of events and attempts from District to tell everyone what's going on. On top of all the usual events (treasure hunts, swimming galas etc) we're going to have

- an "enhanced" St George's Day in April.
- centenary camps for Cubs, Scouts, Explorers 26-28th May including a day visit from Beavers
-hopefully a few coachloads of tto the Megagig June 23rd
- 23-24 June over two nights our intrepid Beaver Scout Leaders are arranging 2 massive sleepovers on the theme of around the world in 18 hours (!!!)
- 31st July a big "gig" for local bands as a "bring a friend" event for scouts & explorers. Scouts & explorers can then camp overnight
-1st August - all Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers, Network, Fellowship, leaders, former members, all their families, local dignatories as we party big time to say goodbye to the 1st century and welcome in the next (est 1000+)
- hopefully a few coachloads off to the festival of scouting on 24 Nov
- a big District end of year party Nov/ Dec

Letters, e-mails, flyers, meetings and the website are trying to keep everyone informed.

So, having read some of the posts in this thread, I say "well done" to Cromwell District:banana: