PDA

View Full Version : If we get made a piece of Escouts mechandise what would you buy?

Richard
06-12-2006, 11:56 PM
If we get made a piece of Escouts mechandise what would you buy? Please note this is multiple choice.

robinhood_2nd
07-12-2006, 12:06 AM
What do u mean by Camp Blanket, the blanket or a blanket badge

mattcollins171
07-12-2006, 12:08 AM

surly that would be a non uniform badge????

Richard
07-12-2006, 12:09 AM

oops the badge, sorted now :D

RichmondDESC
07-12-2006, 11:41 AM
A pin badge - good for advertising and could be discreetly worn on the uniform (shirt collar maybe)

A Lanyard - useful, they don't make an explorer one...

A cup - stainless steel, with a lid, insulated - perfect for camps!

jamieharrop14
07-12-2006, 11:48 AM
I voted for a few, but a lanyard is a big one for me.

I wear them all the time at events. In Switzerland I was seen wearing three neckers and three lanyards, all at the same time. :D

humpty
07-12-2006, 12:29 PM
I think the key thing that th epoll doesnt take into account is price. I would buy a lot of the things on thier and have voted as such but only if they where at a reasonable price. Or if they where quite dear then i may not buy as many of the things.

humpty
07-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Thinking about it I no it isnt a poll option but i would buy an escouts hoody aswell.

Alec
07-12-2006, 04:34 PM
I agree with humpty that obviously the price would be a major deciding factor, and we would probably have to pay for postage as well.

I voted for Pin Badge and Lanyard, because I agree with what others have said in this topic about them. Although I usually wear my Jamboree wristband, I feel that wristbands aren't a fashionable as they were. It's sad that even though wristbands are mainly for charities, that most people gave up wearing them once the craze had passed.

Richard
07-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Its likely that we'd only get 1 or 2 things made initially. Yes price is an issue, as is postage. Someone to do it is also a issue :D

Lots of issues :D

Mark
07-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I think we should have Escouts branded sleeping bags :)

Mark

humpty
07-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Youd probably be making most of this stuff to order so the costs would actually be quite a lot. its unlikley you could justify buying 200 wristbands in the hope that your going to sell them. And to get good deals you probably need to sell them in the thousands.

MikeGH
07-12-2006, 06:45 PM
The guys at http://www.scoutshop.biz/ seem to do a reasonable set of prices to me...

Mike

Richard Willars
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I think we should have Escouts branded sleeping bags :)

Mark

:eek

Don't think i'd be buying one of them!

jshirra
07-12-2006, 07:47 PM
I think that the best idea would be to bulk order things. So you will be invoiced for the cost of the item once 100 people have ordered one for example. That way you get the bulk discount which makes all these things resonable and also allow people to keep their money until the order is about to be placed!

If you need anyone to help out with this im always here (at my desk :))

Dave
07-12-2006, 09:44 PM
:eek

Don't think i'd be buying one of them!

It'll be a wast of time if you did..you'd forget to take it with you :bigsmiley

Whatever really so long as it's not cheap and nasty:smash: Something well priced that looks good as well. Keep a good image :thup:

humpty
07-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Thats a good point dave. Keep them decent pieces of equipmen to buy. You will get the 30 or so regular posters to buy something even if it srubbish but if you are producing something good people will recomend it as a shop and they will replace old/broken things with new ones.

West Hull DESC
08-12-2006, 07:09 PM
don't like lanyards mug or badges better also followedby mouse mag. useit for advertising to.

humpty
09-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Camp blanket badges certainly seem quite popular although 30 isnt realy ecenomically viable.

Richard Willars
09-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Camp blanket badges certainly seem quite popular although 30 isnt realy ecenomically viable.

Depends where you get them from...

I wouldn't worry about whether they're economically viable anyway, just choose your favourite item and we'll sort the rest.

Matt Barden
09-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Our Scout Group had some badges made for our campsite for when people stay there, we brought 500 about eight years ago, and we are about to run out again. So you get your money back in the end.

Matt

humpty
10-12-2006, 09:14 AM
who would put the capital up to do it though?

Graham
10-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the financial side of it, we (escouts team) will sort that out.

It all boils down to the fact, that we will aim to get a best price as possble. We aren't going to go and try and rip people off, so the prices will be as good as we can get them.....but afterall, we are determind what we charge on what the suppliers can offer us.

We will try and get the best quote.....

jabberdabber
13-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Just looking at the poll results I'm suprised the lanyard isnt doing a bit better...

I thought it was esential leader equipment, don't kno how id carry all my stuff wthout some of it round my neck.

humpty
13-12-2006, 01:17 PM
I supose the badge sin general are the least usefull of the items.

Raksha
13-12-2006, 02:35 PM
they may be the least 'useful' in terms of doing something, but they will generate an interest in the site and what escouts can offer, and will get the message out there to the right people.

matt2501
27-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Whereas things like the wristbands would as we discussed in the other thread be very useful, in finding each other at all sorts of Scouting events, although just a bit too "normal", no-one will really notice them (except us!)

Graham
23-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Please vote on this, if you havn't already.....

Decisions are going to be made soon :)

David
23-03-2007, 04:48 PM
"This poll is closed
that will be a bit hard Graham :rolling_s

Is there a way to extend the poll for those who have not yet voted?

Daniel
23-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Poll re-opened.

Keith
26-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Poll re-opened.Its a bit of a strange question really. I think that 'what would' should be changed to 'what would you consider' as it seems as though you say that you would definatly buy one. For me it would be a maybe, depending on the price and what the product looks like.

It might just be me who thinks that! :P

Graham
27-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Oops didn't realised it'd be closed!

sorry !

zzbuckley
29-05-2007, 06:07 PM
We make badges for our Explorer Group on a relatively small scale. Basically you use the same paper as for T shirt prints. Make a design on your PC. Print it on the T shirt transfer paper. Then get some white cotton, iron the transfer on, add some backing and if, you can be bothered, overlock the edges with a sewing machine (Obviously you can just print the badge on to a T shirt but thats too easy* !)

If somebody sends me an Escouts design, I'll have a play at weekend

* Don't buy BLACK Tshirts if you have the white transfer paper .......unless you want lots of extra work !

Richard
07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
See this announcement

http://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5033