PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Idea

Matt
16-01-2003, 02:48 PM
Just thmbing throught my Scouting magazine and i found this:

http://www.scoutsappeal.com/

Has anyone used them? It seems like a good idea (especially because I work for a company that retails inkjet cartridges on the internet!)

eastleigh
19-01-2003, 03:08 PM
Looks like the people that one of our groups use. They have a box in the hallway into which you cna put cartridges, phones etc.

I believe the older Nokia phone (3110 or similar) will bring in £7, I'm not sure what the cartridges bring in.

They are using the money to buy new uniforms for the Scout & Guide band (a target of £5000!)

Ross
19-01-2003, 04:18 PM
We do something similar. Everyone send in their old cartridges and we get the money for them. I don't think we use the same people though...

Ross

mattw
20-01-2003, 05:02 PM
we tried it, but it didn't really work

who do you know who'd give away a 3310, also the ones we had were really fussy on which cartridges they would accept,

may give these a try if they're better

07-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Although the mobile phone is a bit of a rip off I think th eprice of the cartridges aren't to bad, what do you think

Chris
03-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Try inkcycle.co.uk, they give you alot more money back

FSNet
05-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Just thmbing throught my Scouting magazine and i found this:

http://www.scoutsappeal.com/

Has anyone used them? It seems like a good idea (especially because I work for a company that retails inkjet cartridges on the internet!)

The photo in the Jans Scouting mag is of my group, it is a very simple system, all you really need is a storage place, and someone to run the collections etc. It is not a major fundraiser, but is keeps bring money in.

Bosun
25-03-2003, 05:36 PM
I know in the past we've raised huge amounts through laser toner recycling and aluminium can recycling.

We still do both, but I don't think they raise anywhere near the money they did 10 years ago.

26-03-2003, 09:26 AM
A decade ago was much more profitable. The way to do it is to target a large local company and see if their stationary/supplies department will sling all their old cartridges/toners your way. We gave it up as a majority of companies recycle their own. Individuals didnt ever remmeber to save them as they dont need to change them for 6months at a time.

FSNet
27-03-2003, 07:39 AM
I have just set this system up for my Area Network, all I intend to do is store the collection in my garage, and then after a while phone them up and within 48hrs a carrier will take them away on the agreed day of your choice.

Eurosource, has teamed up with the Scouts and made this recyle appeal along witha badge.

Along as a trickle of money keeps coming in, then it keeps the area of my back.

Graham
28-05-2003, 06:56 PM
I have just set up a special scouting computer offer, this offer is completely real and you will get what you pay for. The specification's are:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+
256 MB DDR RAM
56k modem
40gb HDD
17" CRT monitor
DVD Rom drive
Floppy Drive
Wireless optical mouse
Keyboard

£500

Out of this £500, I have decided that 20 percent of the profit goes to your scout group and 30 percent goes to escouts. Also this computer is built for you so if you require something else please do say,.

So if you want to do a letter to your members of your troop, then the more people that order, the more money that your troop gets.

For more information or to order please either PM me or email [email protected] Thanks Graham.

mattw
28-05-2003, 08:31 PM
assuming that youre not making a loss on this, then for you to have built that spec for 250 quid is doing pretty well, and assuming that the parts are of a reasonable standard its not a bad system for £500 IMO (albeit a wee but tight on the RAM side).

as far as i can tell this is a good value PC, and if it benefits both Escouts and your own troop then it cant be bad. :-)

will be recommending it to our members for sure

Matt

Graham
28-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah, RAM might be a bit tight .Thanks for replying just realised I have made a few mistakes lol!

stuartr
28-05-2003, 08:58 PM
are we too assume this contains onborad graphics and sound? I know you are trying to give a basic description (as you would find in a computer brochure) but for this kind of price it would be interesting to know.....and i dont think its major problem with RAM..256 DDR is suffiecient for most applications I can think of surely...mine has only 256 SDR, and it runs everythin i need fine, with a much slower processor than this.

stuartr
28-05-2003, 08:59 PM
oh..and OS!!!

Graham
28-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Sorry, Sound unborad and OS is Win 98, but I will install whatever, Graphics I am awaiting on someone so will update asap.

Graham
28-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Graphics is a 32mb AGP gigabyte card.