PDA

View Full Version : ONe sec

Ross
17-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Now that everyone has had plenty time to browse our new site, we would like to know what everybody thinks. We have had no formal thread saying everyone's thoughts. We would like to know if you like it, if it is practical, what you don't like, what could be improved, added, removed or changed and ease of use. We would like some comments on how much better/worse it is than the last site.

Please tell us anything about it you think we would like to know!

Thanks everyone and enjoy the new site...:)

Ross

P.S - Get typing!

marcus
17-08-2003, 07:51 PM
I personally think that is is a real improvement, especially in that everything is integrated. I like the most recent post's section (as before you couldn't tell if something had been posted against the latest topic or not very easily) and I find the feel very nice.

Only thing I would ask is is is possible to make the post names in the box on the front page longer, as you can't always tell what the post is about.

Great site though, and well done.

Richard
17-08-2003, 07:59 PM
I personally think that is is a real improvement, especially in that everything is integrated. I like the most recent post's section (as before you couldn't tell if something had been posted against the latest topic or not very easily) and I find the feel very nice.

We like comments like that :-D

Only thing I would ask is is is possible to make the post names in the box on the front page longer, as you can't always tell what the post is about.

Yes we can, but some folks still use 800x600 and this was why it isnt longer. You could argue that people should be on 1024 x 768 but since Scouts usually get older computers in their halls this isnt practical

Scott
17-08-2003, 08:01 PM
I completely agree with Marcus (well done guys :-D )

Yes we can, but some folks still use 800x600 and this was why it isnt longer. You could argue that people should be on 1024 x 768 but since Scouts usually get older computers in their halls this isnt practical

We don't have any computers in our hut!!

3rd Gosport Webmasters

marcus
17-08-2003, 09:23 PM
We don't, neither do we have a phone line

Craig
18-08-2003, 11:13 AM
I generally overall think its a wodnerful imporvement and its easy to use and get to places with one click :D Nice Work

I'm a man of many words

mattw
18-08-2003, 11:46 AM
i really like it, and agree with what those above have said.

however i have one little tiny thing which i dont like as much about this site, which is that it keeps logging me out every few days randomly despite me checking the keep me logged in box, whereas before i only logged in once ever i think.

apart from that one thing, i think its a huge improvement and everything is much more integrated, well done people!

Matt

ps we have a computer but no phone line so if anyone has a phoneline and no computer and would let us run a cable up your end of the country wed be very grateful

Craig
18-08-2003, 03:32 PM
*hides the fact we have 2 computers and 4 laptops and a phone line*

i think the phoneline was disconnected by BT, i think the GSL is going to see if he can get Broadband put in @[email protected] crazy. im not sure

Dave
18-08-2003, 06:20 PM
I likethe lay out etc. but my biggest gripe is that is slow to load. I'm on dial-up and not a good one at that and the pages seem to take a long time to load. Not that I'm worred about it after 22nd October we have BB coming to the village Hurrah ! :-D and I've ordered the 1MBs line 20 X or more what I've got now.

Dave

watfords
19-08-2003, 10:37 PM
Well done guys, the site is a stunner!!!

I have found this a lot more easier to use than it's predecessors and I now have got used to the forums and how they work. Things keep getting better and better

Keep it up

I have the same problem as Mattw but it seems when I go from a forum and click on the home page button (Top left) I get logged out some times

Greg