PDA

View Full Version : Need a campsite within Yorkshire or Humberside?

Daniel
29-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Hi,

here the links to the scoutbase campsite directory. Just thought it would be usefull - as it sometimes takes quite a bit of time searching for them.

West Yorkshire (http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin/camping/db.cgi?db=camping&uid=default&sb=1&so=ascend&Check=Yes&SiteCounty=West+Yorkshire&view_records=View+Sites)

North Yorkshire (http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin/camping/db.cgi?db=camping&uid=default&sb=1&so=ascend&Check=Yes&SiteCounty=North+Yorkshire&view_records=View+Sites)

South Yorkshire (http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin/camping/db.cgi?db=camping&uid=default&sb=1&so=ascend&Check=Yes&SiteCounty=South+Yorkshire&view_records=View+Sites)

Humberside (http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin/camping/db.cgi?db=camping&uid=default&sb=1&so=ascend&Check=Yes&SiteCounty=Humberside&view_records=View+Sites)

Hope that saves someones time.

Jason
01-05-2004, 09:25 PM
A very useful resource

West Hull DESC
18-08-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm from Humberside and their is more that just Cherry Garth, Primrose Hill & Raywell.

Raywell is the county site, but their is also Melton Bottoms, Bailwood, Tablers Wood, Givendale and another one near Bridlington but I have forgotten its name.

:wavey:

Biscit
29-01-2007, 04:28 PM
There are others missing, (wooly edge springs to mind) but to be fair that's not Scoutbase's fault.

Daniel
29-01-2007, 06:17 PM
woolley edge is within the west Yorkshire category

Phil4071
29-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm from Humberside and their is more that just Cherry Garth, Primrose Hill & Raywell.

Raywell is the county site, but their is also Melton Bottoms, Bailwood, Tablers Wood, Givendale and another one near Bridlington but I have forgotten its name.

:wavey:

i seam to re-call someone saying there was one at Hornsea too. Never been there or know what its called mind. :rolleyes:

West Hull DESC
29-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi Phil

That's Bailwood at Aldborough.

Phil4071
30-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi Phil

That's Bailwood at Aldborough.

arr i see, bailwood seems to ring a bell. think i went there when i was in cubs!!! dint have a clue where it was though :rolleyes:

Raksha
30-01-2007, 04:46 PM
it must have been good if you remembered it, after all you are now ancient , all the way from Cubs to being a Young Leader!!

Phil4071
31-01-2007, 04:58 PM
it must have been good if you remembered it, after all you are now ancient , all the way from Cubs to being a Young Leader!!

I think the main reason i remember it is because i went with a differnt group to my own. I know there was 2 or 3 of us that went went to the camp with our leader. Can't quite remember why we went though... hmmm....

I can remember bits of the site, but if you asked me to draw a map of the site then 4 get it, and I'm sure its changed a lot since i was there anyway.

West Hull DESC
17-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Phil, you'll be suprised its not really changed in the 15 years since I first went. A field and a Wood and 3 cabins.

Biscit
22-02-2007, 03:16 PM
woolley edge is within the west Yorkshire category

That far south?

j.wilson
04-01-2009, 06:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with bailwood :)
Ok maybe it needs a tidy up but its a great site and is good enough to have people camping there.
If anyone does want a camp at Bailwood it is worth going to.

shiftypete
05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
That far south?
Well it is run by the Heavy Woollen Scout District which is in the West Yorkshire Scout County.

It is interesting that there is no Central Yorkshire when searching by County despite there being a Central Yorkshire Scout County. Many of the campsites in our Scout County are listed under West Yorkshire which is the actual county a lot of Central Yorkshire Scout County is in.

I see that Widdop Gate is still listed despite the fact that we were told it had closed when we went to Blakedean last Feb (Blakedean is only a mile or so away from Widdop Gate)

jarrad
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Does anyone have the contact details for Bailwood? We are hoping to take our cub pack there but I can't find the details anywhere.

Shaun
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Well it is run by the Heavy Woollen Scout District which is in the West Yorkshire Scout County.

It is interesting that there is no Central Yorkshire when searching by County despite there being a Central Yorkshire Scout County. Many of the campsites in our Scout County are listed under West Yorkshire which is the actual county a lot of Central Yorkshire Scout County is in.

I see that Widdop Gate is still listed despite the fact that we were told it had closed when we went to Blakedean last Feb (Blakedean is only a mile or so away from Widdop Gate)

It may be that Widdop has been closed for renovation, we stayed there 2 years ago and it was very primative and the electrics couldn't cope, you couldn't have a heater on and boil the kettle.

Woolley Edge is indeed run by Heavy Woollen, we're putting in the Crate Stacking, sorting out the climbing wall and shooting range this weekend.

shiftypete
06-03-2009, 01:55 PM
No I am fairly certain Widdop Gate is closed (the person at Blakedean seemed understanably well informed) as they couldn't afford/agree with the owners (the National Trust?) the needed renovations

Woggleknot
16-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I would highly recommend bradley wood campsite in west yorkshire. Lot's of stuff to do there

Trooper
05-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey Guys, Tablers Wood's website is down, so I can't get hold of any contact info for them. Does anyone have the number for the Booking Secretary please?

Bushfella
05-10-2009, 10:33 AM
How did I miss this thread?

Whitley Beaumont is a fantastic back to basics site - if you want a natural site, this is it.

www.whitleybeaumont.co.uk

Lesleyscout
30-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Fan Wood is a brilliant site. Loads of activities

johnmcmahon
30-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Use the Scoutbase one in conjunction the the Greater London SW (http://www.glswscouts.org.uk/campsites/search) one.

Does anyone have the contact details for Bailwood?
Bailwood details are here (http://www.glswscouts.org.uk/campsites/search?q=bailwood).

OldS&B
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Aire Valley Scouts have a well-used campsite on the edge of Baildon Moor, West Yorkshire.

www.airevalleyscouts.org

AkelaNeil
14-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Can anyone enlighten me as to what happened to Sands House at Raywell Park? That was a great building but seems have disappeared. :confused:

Trooper
15-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Yes, It had to be demolished unfortunately. It was falling to bits and was full of Asbestos not the best material to have on a camp site. they are on the other hand in the process of replacing sans house with a much larger capacity building. But that will be completed on a kinda as and when they can afford it basis.