PDA

View Full Version : Forums

Daniel
01-05-2004, 03:36 PM
hi,

How about these for some ideas?

1) A young leaders forum, for training or other YL talk. (instead of having post all over the place, lol

2) Section forums, Scouts, Explorers, Network - may be even a leaders forum?

Personaly i dont think beavers or cubs as they are probably too young? - or we could have beavers and cubs and also discuss program plans etc with in the sections, so like explorer plans are not mixed in with the beaver plans, etc

i think these would make allow the forum to grow and also could get more visitors and members.

And if the members do keep coming it will keep the forum tidy and not alow it to get messy with loads of posts on diffrent subjects / sections within one or two forums.

Anyway - Its up to you. what do you think?

Jason
01-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Some good ideas there. Nice use of the wysiwyg editor! :D

jamieharrop14
01-05-2004, 04:03 PM
I agree, very good ideas.

claydon
01-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Sounds Good

Jason
01-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Maybe a Sections forum to dicuss things which apply to all sections, and then some sub forums, with cubs, scouts, etc.

Im not sure if young leaders and leaders should be included as sub forums under sections or be put somewere else...

Daniel
01-05-2004, 09:24 PM
young leaders could be included within the explorer scout forum.

Not sure about leaders? - or could that be a section

Jason
01-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeh, young leaders could be a sub forum of the explorers sub forum, lol.

Leader will be discussing sections so i dont know if there is a need for a leaders forum.

Daniel
01-05-2004, 09:29 PM
leaders could have a forum with sub forums for each section.

or sub forums in each section

or non at all

Jason
01-05-2004, 09:35 PM
I think we need to avoid having too many forums. There just aint that many people participating in discussions, its always the same people. Yes, there may be 400 members, but only 25% of them have ever made a post...

Richard
02-05-2004, 03:35 PM
I think Jason's got a very good point there, you want to avoid having too many forums, we try to encourage people to use the forums not be duanted by the number of them.

I think IMHO we should let the Regional forums bed down first before we consider more

Bloory
02-05-2004, 06:08 PM
We can always add to them as posting increases :)

Daniel
02-05-2004, 06:28 PM
yeah - if there are so many users that havent posted can admins see when they last logged on? as i think they should be deleted if they havent posted and have not loged on for ages.

just a suggestion

Jason
02-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Maybe they have just forgot about escouts?

Bloory
02-05-2004, 06:39 PM
We'll be contacting all users soon - reaching far and wide. We want to get a few things settled down first.

Matt
02-05-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm sure when we see some returning visitors stuff should start settling down with a bit more use in all the forums. I agree that it's not worth spreading things too thinly at the moment... Just look at the amount of forums we have and how many posts we get. Everything fits in a forum somewhere, adding new forums would be to split large parts of a current forum off to somewhere else... which is something this forum isn't in need of at the moment imo.