PDA

View Full Version : New beaver record card

marcus
28-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Just finished a beaver version of the record cards I've been doing. The idea is that people can fill event in the boxes like on the old cards for cubs and scouts.

Please post any suggestions / improvements / opinions.

http://www.brecks-scouts.escouts.org.uk/resources/new_beaver_record.pdf (166 kB)

corbybeaver
10-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Great Idea...and what a great layout.....may I use it?

Tracey :thup:

marcus
11-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Sure :)

Graham
12-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Marcus,

Looking at the scout record card, what are the greay sort of boxes in the background which can be seen easily under nights away for thr outdoor plus badge.

Do these apppear once printed out? and whats there purpose?

Cheers

Graham

marcus
13-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Those grey boxes come from these forms being generated with an old pdf writer, and so some of the charactors used are picked up by Acrobat reader 6.

They will not print out. I'll redo them using my newer pdf writer nd that should sort them out.

Graham
13-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Oh right, Thanks!

shiftypete
20-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Great looking record card a vast improvement on the official one. Just a few ideas that could improve it (some very minor I know).

1. The two blue headers should be on the opposite pages as the personal details should be on the front page with the larger name section and beaver logo for easy reference.

2. Could the actual names of the areas (or shortened versions) be put in for membership award and moving on award.

3. As Beavers can only go on sleepovers and not camps then the camps section could be removed and the activites and events section made bigger (with wider line spacing) and could have any sleepovers recorded in it.

4. The Chief Scouts Award logo needs correcting as it prints badly (at least on my printer)

5. In the personal details section the sex m/f should all be in one box not the sex in the same box as religion (could be a little confusing ;) )

Hope this help.

marcus
20-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I wou8ld suggest that the Camps bit should be replaced with a sleepover section as the idea of this bit is to clock up nights away, rather than removing it completely.

The CS Bronze and Group Award badges are the two I haven't redrawn as wmf's so they print less well, I'll have a look at them

Could add an extra line on the religin sex bit (I did just nick that layout off the back of my old cards)

As for reversing the pages, I know that the Scouts laid them out the other way around on the new cards, but I am personally of the opinion that the major badges are better on the front, and the personal details on the back for both operational and aetstetic reasons, although i welcome any comments.