PDA

View Full Version : Is okay for the SA to put advertising on factsheets from Scoutbase?

Richard
12-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Is okay for the SA to put advertising on factsheets from Scoutbase?

Jason
12-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Yes, as long as it is relevant.

jamieharrop14
12-05-2004, 04:37 PM
I agree with jason, i mean, what is the harm in it if it is relevant and it brings in money to help our YP within Scouting and the leaders alike.

Obviously if some smart a**e committee are sticking it in their backpocket then its not ok.

Matt
12-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Yup.. I have no problem with it at all. The chances are, whatever promotion it is will benefit us, and it is generating money for the SA which can only mean more money will be invested in us, either by holding Capitation fees or developing things. The bottom line is that the SA is a charity, and any way of making money is a good thing. I'm sure if Demon offered your group a contract that got you 50% or whatever of any connections you do though them you'd get as many people onboard as possible.

Dave
13-05-2004, 05:14 AM
I agree with it. If it is going to make some of the paperwork we need either free or a lot cheaper than it is now it can only be a good thing.The money the Group/District has paid out over the couple of years to keep up with all the changes has been incredible.

DAve

NAWBUS
18-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Hmm, I think a certain amount of advertising is inevitable and helpful, BUT, it is getting to the stage where we are in danger becoming walking adverts e.g. with badges being sponsored.
The trouble is, if I want to print out a fact sheet, I don't want to waste ink and paper on an advert!

Nick
1st Porthill

Colin Gimblett
11-06-2004, 02:24 PM
In principle i dont agree with it and i expecially agree with NAWBUS comment about only printing the info you want.
However if it means that we recive more revenue and therefore the likelyhood of higher capitation rises then i'm for it. I can always just print of the pages that i want rather than the whole thing.

WideMonk
07-10-2004, 04:18 PM
The trouble with that Colin, is that all the factsheets have page numbers (I assume thats what you mean) and in 6 months time... you can't remember why you only printed 7 of the 8 pages - where page 8 is an Ad for Demon.

Personally, I think the Ads are annoying, but only for that reason. I can also see the point how they are beneficial by raising money.

Would a simple solution be that, whoever MAKES the PDF's to have the Ad as an appendix page and not mess up the page numbering.

As for the badges, again I'm not blind to the revenue they might make but personally, I think they're awful - almost to the point of ugly. Where possible, I will always buy the un-sponsored ones for our kids.