PDA

View Full Version : Just been on a weekend camp, and it was great!

Jason
18-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Just been on a weekend camp to raywell near hull. It was really great! We went climbing, rifle shooting n stuff. I also organised an incident hike and positioned people along the route. I chose a quiet corner, and these two girls on horses rode by me tiwce n said hi n stuff and rode off. There were 3 patrols going round the route n one of the girls gave there number to all 3 groups to pass on to me to make sure i got it. So i got it, txted her n stuff, got her msn address, n shes been great, really sweet, n she loves me loads! Really glad i went now!

:bigsmiley

jamieharrop14
18-05-2004, 06:27 PM
lol, you sad man Jason. ;)

Martyn
18-05-2004, 10:49 PM
I din't know horses could use mobile phones :confused:

Martyn

Jason
19-05-2004, 06:11 AM
I din't know horses could use mobile phones :confused:

MartynThey Can't, lol :D

David
19-05-2004, 05:54 PM
souds though it was a good time.

im going new forst for my troop camp it may be good and i hope it will be.
and whilst we are there we are going to 'go ape'

do ne of u know how good it is there?

Richard
19-05-2004, 06:58 PM
So theres more to life than computers, surely not :smash: :D

David
19-05-2004, 08:44 PM
nah i prefer my pc but i hope that i can stay away for one week.
i also have no contact with a pc for 3 whole days :D
lol

marcus
19-05-2004, 11:34 PM
:eek How awful :eek

Jason
20-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Whenever im going away i just take my pocket pc and dial up through my bluetooth mobile and i can be online at anytime almost anywhere! :D

Richard
20-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Now being changed to a PC supporting users all day, makes me have a slightly different view on PC's like:

"I cant type any numbers in"

Me - "Is your number lock key on"

"oh, no"

Scott
20-05-2004, 02:34 PM
LOL - thats typical...

Martyn
20-05-2004, 06:35 PM
1 of my users is still looking for the 'any key'

Martyn

Daniel
20-05-2004, 07:16 PM
lol - the 'any key', lol

Jason
20-05-2004, 08:16 PM
http://my.tele2.ee/kt/fun/pics/anykey.jpg
Press any key! :D

Daniel
20-05-2004, 08:18 PM
lol - thats ace - i thought it was the button next to the CTRL button not the ALT GR button, lol

Martyn
20-05-2004, 08:57 PM
I've been doing support for too long
some tips/history

If a user reports a keyboard not working - go to the desk and tip the keyboard away from you to avoid a lapfull of coffee/water/etc

You can get a 3 1/2 inch disk into a cd drive but you can't get it out again

The internet cannot be downloaded (Not all of it anyway)

We often had problems with external users spilling things on their portables - The standard solution was ask them to put the PC in the airing cupboard over night. One PC came back to use with melted lines all along the bottom.
After some investigation I found out that the user had tried to speed up the process (Gas Mark 4 for 3 hours)

When a PC comes back with the word 'fire' writtern in ink on the space bar it may not have been used for business purposes.

When reports were due in at a certain date the user often blame the E:Mail - I often suspected that Time travel was involed as any attachments were usally created after the mail was sent.

If a print does not come out on a printer the safest solution is to try to print it at least 10 more times before checking if the printer has paper.

Removing Users Internet Favourites is a good game
When they complain they are missing send them the list of sites they visited by checking the Browser cache it's amazing how nice they are to you when you know what they have been looking at.

User support calls just before lunch are a complete waste of time because the user has left the PC locked and no one knows what the password is.

Being a support person you are automattically on duty 24hours a day - In the lunch q, in the supermarket, in the car park , In the local swimming pool (yes I have been asked PC questions in all of them)

Being a PC support person you are automatically an expert in fax machines, photocopies, microfilch machines, cooffe machines in fact anything with a plug on.

New computers are really fast, but they slow down after a few months.

Everyone wants the biggest monitor available but changes the res back to 640 by 480

I could go on but I won't

Martyn

Jon Simmo
21-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Oldie on the phone.

"Please can you tell me how to take the hard drive out of my PC"

PC Support "Why do you need to do that"

"Well my nephew said it is nearly full and I need to empty it"

We're currently setting up a small LAN as an 'activity' for visitors to the campsite - to be used for their own projects(?), as well as dialup email/internet access and .... network gaming. That way geeks in uniform, young & old can get their fix whilst camping.

Maybe as a hybrid new-old activity we could do "keyboard-pioneering", to make ballistas to fire mice ? anyone else got any ideas of how to (ab)use computers on a Scout/Guide campsite ?