PDA

View Full Version : [Wanted] WANTED: Camping Equipment - Dorset to Oxford

Faulkner
15-07-2008, 09:52 AM
We are a troop who have always been involved in more traditional methods of camping (old style tents, gas lamps, open fires, etc.) and have noticed that many troops are moving towards newer, more modern camping techniques. Something which is frustrating is that people are throwing out old equipment and canvas, even though troops such as ourselves could still make use of it.

If anybody reads this and is getting rid of old equipment in the central southern region (anywhere between Poole and Oxford!), please contact me. I make regular trips between the two regions, and am happy to take any equipment off your hands, rather than see it thrown out or go to waste. We especially appreciate the old style store tents (Brown canvas 14x14s, mess tents, etc) any other usable canvas, tables, dixies, fire grates, ropes, and anythign else vaguely camping related.

Please get in touch, I try to check for messages often and would love to help out where I can.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Faulkner

alex_collins_
15-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi,
We may be able to help you out with some old tents, old wooden tent poles, several parafin lamps and stoves. If you are interested, I can get some pictures, and investigate the condition of the stuff. I was looking to get rid of some of the stoves on ebay, but there is little demand :(

Alex

(whoo - first post!:cool:)

wolfie
18-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi

This is my first reply! im new today!

Thanks everyone

Mike

Welcome to :escouts: Mike:)

watsit
21-07-2008, 08:20 PM
we are also into traditional camping Alex if you have stuff to go i would be interested

let me know

johnmcmahon
03-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Got some Patrol tents on offer in Warwickshire.

oofus18
03-08-2008, 04:58 PM
We are a guide unit that have gradually changed a lot of our equipment to newer light weight items mainly due to us all having small cars. We need to clear out our garage but don't want to throw the other things away. Any ideas?
I don't know exactly what we have yet but would be grateful for any ideas.
We are based in Garston near Watford, very close to M25/M1 junction.

Ruth

johnmcmahon
06-08-2008, 09:39 AM
If you put together a list and then put it on here, plus www.scoutbase.org.uk small ads and contact the District staff from both Scouts and Guides I am sure someone will help you out.

BTW our tents went in less than 24 hrs when advertised by email to all local Groups.

shiftypete
06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah when one of the Group's in our District shut down they made a list of equipment emailed it out and first Group to email them saying they wanted something got it. I think everything had gone in a week.