PDA

View Full Version : County Site - What would you have on yours?

marcus
23-12-2003, 11:11 PM
I've just started developing a county site for my county of South Yorkshire, and I thought that it would be useful for me and for other county web teams if I found out what the punters wanted.

So, what would you like your County site to offer?

Should the site cover people who are looking at joining or mainly existing members?

Anything you think shouldn't be on the site?

Any response would be appreciated

and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! :-D

PS: If you want to look at our work in progress look at http://www.sheffieldstings.escouts.org.uk/sysite/

Bloory
23-12-2003, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't have a splash page? Otherwise, I like the index page - contains a lot of information in a friendly way. Maybe tone down the red?

Scott
24-12-2003, 10:51 AM
Yep, I like the site. Keep up the good work. :D

Martyn
25-12-2003, 06:41 AM
It's really good
- loads fast, colours are a bit bright (I guess they are the county colours)
I quite like the splash screen but it would become annoying eventually how about hiding it with cookies after the 1st time

It's great - you just need good content now

Martyn

Martyn

Daniel
25-12-2003, 08:45 PM
yeah - the design is brill - not sure about all the red - what about making it a little less bright like a lighter red? Anyway it could grow on me,lol

daniel

marcus
26-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately the red is staying - it's our county badge and that is a specification.

Ths splash screen may go, but I'm interested in the cookies idea. Only problem is I can't work out how to write the cookie atm.

Thanks for the comments - now the rest of the SY web team need to supply me with content!

Steve Hulka
09-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Hi Marcus

Good job, a definite upgrade on the old site.

When does it go live?

Steve

marcus
10-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Hopefully ASAP - Just finished filling in the gaps and sent it off for approval :D

PS: Any feedback welcome just post in the forum (link on the front page of the site) or on this thread.

http://www.sheffieldstings.escouts.org.uk/sysite/

marcus
10-01-2004, 12:57 AM
PS: Don't email any of the emails yet they aren't sorted out - job for after the upload :)

apex
10-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Nice one Marcus. Our county site was certainly in need of a makeover and this looks ace. I particularly like the way the news and events pages work like a forum - so they can be constantly updated by the users. Great idea.

So thanks for your efforts!

Matt

marcus
10-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks, the idea was that the county team aren't that computer literate, but most could write an email, so if they can do that they can post a news item