Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy of "The Black Report" & "Advance Party Report"

Thanks

Copy of "The Black Report" & "Advance Party Report"

looking for a copy,of both,"Black report" & Advance Party Report.
    Best if original but scanned PDF copies will do.....if I can find the "complete" version of the APR would be great.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 797 Posts
    Just checked our bookshelf and my Dad has a copy of the Advanced Party report but it is 170 pages long so don't think I have the time to scan it for you sorry

Peter Andrews ESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group
    www.falkonerscouts.org.uk

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

Wike, North Leeds District Campsite - www.wikecampsite.org.uk
    www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftypete View Post
    Just checked our bookshelf and my Dad has a copy of the Advanced Party report but it is 170 pages long so don't think I have the time to scan it for you sorry
    Can you please see if you can find a brother scout that can do it for you or can you ask a some kind of pro or firm how much it will cost us to do the job and if it's feasable I will send you the money.........
    Thank you for the prompt reply

IM Possible it's a word...........you surely know the rest

Thanks
    You won't believe this but I just took a closer look and we in fact have two copies and my dad has even put some contemporary newspaper articles in the front of one of them. As they have just been sat on a shelf for a good over 40 years I would imagine we might be willing to part with one of them

Peter Andrews ESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

Thanks
    I'm interested with one and scanned copies of the cutouts (really good news ...the finding not the Advance party Report),
    awaiting your proposal.........
    and if you get around with a copy of The Black report or if your dad knows how to find one .......well...........it's Bingoooooooooooo for me
    Thanks

Thanks
    Sorry but no Black Report on the bookshelf and as my Dad eventually became a VSU after the advanced party report (and remained so until the abolition of Ventures) so I doubt he objected to it so is unlikely to have a copy else where.

I will try and get the newspaper articles scanned in today, if you PM your address I will find out postage costs for sending you the copy of the advanced party report.

May I ask what your interest in these two documents is?

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

www.leeds-solar.co.uk

Thanks
    the Advance Party Report is periodically on Ebay, particularly the "popular" short edition. I did have a copy of the full version but the paper litterally disintegrated so was disposed of.

the Black Report would have had a much smaller circulation and unlikely to be widely circulated by its nature.

there were other reports/attempts to change the association/review in the 1967-70 period and I have seen at least one other, which was the Scout and Guide Federation proposals in 1968. I dont have a copy, and I only saw it because it was alleged it was being organised by students who were a member of the Student Scout and Guide Club although this was "proved" incorrect.
    Martin Whelan

Thanks
    Oh yeah I must make clear the my version is the popular edition

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

www.leeds-solar.co.uk

GSM - B-PSA
    Thanks
    I know someone with a copy of the black report, they have said they will dig it out for me.
    as soon as i get i'll scan it

Just as point of interest in 1976 only one of the 'young and forward thinkers' : ie creators of apr was still in scouting. according to Gilwell when questioned at the time.
    Last edited by bfgscout; 27-08-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: additional info

Thanks
    Hi BFGScout

As stated on various other threads, i have also been looking for a copy of the Black Report for over 3 years now, so if you do manage to scan it, could you include me in on the distribution.

I have been asking for a copy from the archieve for so long that they must have moved building twice, re-indexed every item 400 times and repainted the whole building six times... it's always "we're just fluffing the pillows; painting that particular book shelf; reconfiguring the ISBN system for climatic variance" rather than "Oh, we've misplaced the only copy we have!"

Your help would be greatly appreciated
    Yours in Scouting, Traditionally!

Julian Lenahan

Acle Scout Group (B-PSA)
    Jamboree 2008 Team - It may be over, but i'm still a Jamboree 2008 team member!!!

Thanks
    My interest is historical and....practical.
    I'm willing to found/establish a new Scouting Association here in Italy more adherent to "Ty Method" and British Scouting...
    As you will know there are two mainstreams....British Scouting & Franco Belgian (Catholic) Scouting......
    Scouting arrived here with sir Francis Vane....but you surely know the ..."problems"....he had with Imperial Headquarters.........so Italy entered/was recognized after the war (II WW),
    this was cause of no contacts with British Scouting (official ...or best WOSM ) so lack of fundamentals on the Method and no Gilwell......and after the War it started over again but under influence of the Franco Belgians......
    My Scouting started in Britain and (at the time) the Method was far superior to the one I've found here(mind ...my SM was of the "old" School)....obviously to my point of view....on some issues Italy now it's better,when it is done......Scouting it's excellent......but there is lack of knowledge on the proper way of using the The Patrol Method...and just FSE has The Court of Honour.....
    so in any case to make a proposal I've had to ....BE PREPARED.......and learn (better) what I was talking about.....one thing is to say ......it's this way....another is to say the same but with references and bibliography....called proofs
    I would like to open a branch of B.-P. Scouts over here......but after my first contacts with Mr Rutheford (Chief scout) that told me he was forwarding my request of contact to Mr.Dring (President).........everybody dissapeared.....wrote back several times......but no success......not very Scouty ehy???
    At least a NO......but an answer to a brother Scout it's the due.
    Thanks again
    Snoaring Bear

Thanks
    Here are the scans of the newspaper reports

Last edited by shiftypete; 27-08-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

www.leeds-solar.co.uk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bfgscout View Post
    I know someone with a copy of the black report, they have said they will dig it out for me.
    as soon as i get i'll scan it

Just as point of interest in 1976 only one of the 'young and forward thinkers' : ie creators of apr was still in scouting. according to Gilwell when questioned at the time.
    Thank you very much,
    I think that the problem with British Scouting is/was that there were issues but the solutions were worst than the problem itself
    Instead of sticking to it,to the fundamentals, they've thrown everything out of the window
    It's easier to buy a new (crap) car than to have it repeared,and as they say in Spain "The toreador must not go round the arena and chase the bull but stand in the middle and wait for him and look straight in his eye balls".
    It's a long an variegated issue that needs a lot of explanation ,but it's not about going back a century or better 50 years,but recognizing that THE METHOD it's still Valid and Modern ,and BOYS (in their main needs) have not changed ,the enviroment has,making it more difficult,but challenging,for Scout Masters.

----------------
    The Following Was Added to the post within 60 minutes of posting the above
    ---------------

No shorts no Lemon squeezeers....this will take us to the new century ...to the 70es...........Bull....
    at least over here ,even if the Method it's not well or completely respected they still have shorts and lemonsqueezers........
    AND PROUD OF IT
    If a SM it's proud of it's uniform.........the boys will be too
    give them GOOD SCOUTING..........this it's what they ask and what they need
    they need nature more than they did 100 years ago
    The out of date rituals are BIG and most IMPORTANT part of the METHOD
    and NO.........I won't think B.-P. would be proud of it all.....
    I think he is still "spinning" in it's grave down there in Nyeri
    good old man with a "thousand names"
    "The Court of honour" Jhon Thurman.....this is my reference book
    Last edited by BOBOMAN; 27-08-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Merged Double Post

Thanks
    Still waiting folks....shifty????I'm still here by the post box...but still empty.....and BFGScout..........where is the digger.....arrived in Downunda Land?
    Come on ...it would be a lovely Christmas present for me.
    Thank you folks

GSM - B-PSA
    Thanks
    I Have a copy message if you want it