Thread: CRB / OH Forms & Parents Rota

Thanks

CRB / OH Forms & Parents Rota

Hi Wayne

I've read the thread from November which sort of covered part of this but I'm being told by my GSL (who is being told by the District Appointment Secretary) that anyone who now fills out a CRB has to do an OH form, and will also have to be registered at the Census and pay Capitation. Is this right?
    In order to be able to run our Beaver Colony I have a parents rota - and up until now parents have done a CRB when they join it. Most parents help out once a term.
    I suppose the second half of my question is - for my parents rota will they have to do all the new forms and pay Capitation - as if they do I have a suspicion I will lose most and therefore be unable to run the Colony.
    Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
    Rachel - BSL 1st Heath Hayes

Thanks
    Hi Rachel,

Yes, they should complete the form, but No, they do not need to pay.

Following the introduction of the revised AA form, we introduced the OH (Occasional Helper) form as well to ensure that we have a record on our membership database of the details of all those who were supporting Scouting. On the back of the form itself is some further information about why the form is important and how the information is stored. However, this is not linked to payment of the membership fee for such people.

The OH form is aimed at exactly the situation you have described with your parent rota: adults making a flexible commitment and are not taking on an appointment. They will need to fill out a form, but completing the OH form does not mean that these individuals have to pay capitation and does not in any way restrict the flexibility you have provided them through your Parent Rota.

This will change again shortly when eCRB comes on line in July along with the changes for the Independent Safeguarding Authority when it is introduced later this year and therefore the OH form has been designed to ensure that all the information required is collected when volunteers first join. Communications around these changes start next week and will lead to some pilot Counties and Areas also.

Hope this helps,
    Wayne
    Wayne Bulpitt

Thanks
    Thank you for that - a great relief I haven't got to ask Parents for Capitation! Can't wait for even more new forms to fill in!!!!
    Rachel - BSL 1st Heath Hayes