View Poll Results: What is your yearly Subs?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • < £59.99

20 7.19%
  • £60 - £69.99

20 7.19%
  • £70 - £79.99

58 20.86%
  • £80 - £89.99

21 7.55%
  • £90 - £99.99

55 19.78%
  • £100 - £109.99

44 15.83%
  • £110 - £119.99

19 6.83%
  • £120 - £129.99

23 8.27%
  • £130 +

18 6.47%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Subs How Much do you charge ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Donnelly View Post
    We charge £2.50 a week across all sections. £1 goes into an AMS fund, £1 to cover building costs, the remaining 50p to sections.

We are looking at a range of options however. Currently we don't charge for absent weeks (which severely dents our income) so we're looking at things such as:

- Charging £1 for missed weeks to cover the AMS contirbution
    - Charging the full £2.50 for missed weeks (perhaps up to a maximum of £10)
    - Switching to paying ~£10 per month which could be paid through weekly contributions or one off payments
    - Switching to paying ~£30 per term which could be paid through weekly contributions or one off payments

And a couple of other possibilities (which I can;t actually recall!).

We're slowly building up our fundraising capacity, although what we have run so far hasn't pulled in much money due to initial outlay costs.

I personally hate bagpacking, with avengence - I hate running it, the young people hate being there, and the staff on the tills can find it annoying if the people doing the bagpacking are inefficient. My AGSL said he'll look into instead!
    Some of those sound pretty confusing to me. Surely you could take 39/42 weeks multiplied by £2.50 and then divide that by 3. Then get that at the beginning of each term.

Rule 66. A map and compass offers no protection against getting horribly lost.

scout leader
    Thanks
    advice wanted, we are going through some big changes in the group at the moment, with how the section finances are run. With the group holding all of the sections money, on what basis do you get your allocation back? is it on your census figures, or as and when you require money, or what is the norm?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave6 View Post
    advice wanted, we are going through some big changes in the group at the moment, with how the section finances are run. With the group holding all of the sections money, on what basis do you get your allocation back? is it on your census figures, or as and when you require money, or what is the norm?
    We currently charge £3 per YP per week (whether or not the YP attends), of which £2 goes to the Group and £1 to the section. We have a set amount to pay to the Group based on census figures to pay for AMS fees already paid.

It's quite easy to manage a spreadsheet on it, or even a piece of paper, if you have a Treasurer that is even half competent.
    Chris Hawes, District Media Manager, Watford North Scout District and Watford Scouts; Group Treasurer and Webmaster, 9th North Watford Scout Group.
    Web designer of free Scouting templates, Scouting Themes 4 WordPress.

Social media
    Twitter: @WNScouts / @9NWScouts
    Facebook: /WNScouts
    Instagram: @WNScouts

Thanks
    1/3 of subs each term as a max can go back to each section on the number of YP we have in that section at that time. Usually get about £150-£200 and the beginning and then anymore is given upto 33.3% of subs.

Rule 66. A map and compass offers no protection against getting horribly lost.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 790 Posts
    We have bank accounts for each Section, sections pay over to the main Group account 40/75ths of each subs payment (it was increased slightly from 1/3rd last year) to cover the Group's running costs (AMS, equipment insurance, payment for use of the halls etc). Each section keeps the remaining 35/75ths of each subs payment to pay for running section activities (equipment, badges, activties costs etc).

All fund-raising goes into the main Group account as does all gift aid and any equipment requests authorised by Group Exec are paid for from this main Group account.

Peter Andrews AESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group
    www.falkonerscouts.org.uk

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

Wike, North Leeds District Campsite - www.wikecampsite.org.uk
    www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

scout leader
    Thanks
    Many thanks for your replies, there seems to be many different ways, I think there is going to be a lot of debate coming up! At the moment all money is allocated using census numbers, however this doesn't necessarily tie up when your numbers change throughout the year, can leave you very short if you get several leave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcush View Post
    Some of those sound pretty confusing to me. Surely you could take 39/42 weeks multiplied by £2.50 and then divide that by 3. Then get that at the beginning of each term.
    Where my group is, a fair number of people would struggle to pay a whole term in one go. So we're taking the matter to a Group Council meeting to give parents the chance to have a say and then a vote on what system to go with.

They are all fairly straight forward TBH - and the end result will be a clear an unambiguous system which is easy to operate.
    Scout Active Support Member & Webmaster
    Deep Sea Scouts National SASU

Membership Data & Engagement Support Manager
    Merseyside County Scouts

Webmaster
    St. Helens Scout District - 1st Whiston Scout Group - 1st Kirkby Scout Group

Tawd Vale Active Support Unit
    Tawd Vale Scout Camp

Thanks
    We charge £2.00 per night and it can be paid weekly, monthly or termly. It is the same accross all sections.

We also own our own hall but the running costs are covered by other users who hire the hall either on a regular bases or ad hoc bases.
    Douglas Gowan
    CSL Basingstoke Air Scouts

Personal http://www.thescoutingpages.org.uk
    Group http://www.base2000.co.uk

Thanks
    All I can say, is I searched, thats my defence.

Here is a poll from last month, if you havent voted in this one

Cheers

Thanks
    Am I being really stupid? What's AMS?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    Am I being really stupid? What's AMS?
    Annual Membership Subscription or capitation
    Mike Jury
    Escouts Team
    Ecamp 2009
    Radio Amateur (M0MFF)

Thanks
    £1 per meetiung plus £35 per year.

Thanks
    We have relunctantly increased to £40 per term this year £10 of this is to cover the £30 AMS. The rest covers HQ running costs (Utilities, Ground Rent, Insurance and possibly rates from next year) and weekly activities. Other activities camps day trips etc. are charged extra

BSL - Got my WB!! woop!!! CanterburyFox's Avatar
    Thanks
    What we charge differs by section, Beavers are £26, Cubs are £28 and £30 for scouts. The difference just gives the sections a bigger cut as the scouts use the mini bus on a regular basis. We then charge an extra fee on the occasional night if we have a special activity planned. like a visiter coming to see us.
    FOX
    BSL, 14th Canterbury Beavers, ADC Beavers & Canterbury Clangers Network Chair Person

No. 1 fan of OSM - Its Awesome!! Thanks Ed!!
    Online Scout Manager takes care of your admin so you can take care of your scouts!

Thanks
    We charge £28 per term. Of which we get £7.
    Last edited by tice18; 13-03-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typo