Thread: How to light a fire-Paul Kirtley's blog

Thanks

How to light a fire-Paul Kirtley's blog

Thought this may be of interest to folks, it's a blog entry from a professional bushcraft instructor called Paul Kirtley about how to light a fire with a single match http://tinyurl.com/62n9p3b

His blog is worth a look through and whilst there is some advanced stuff on there, you'll also find some very useable stuff like this. You may recognise his name as he wrote an email to me (along with Simon Ellar the Bushcraft & Survival skills magazine editor) which appeared in my Knotting article which appeared in the Cub supplement.
    The Outdoor Traditionalist (a largely bushcraft blog). Have a look at this how to page for things to try.
    http://austinlill.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    Thought this may be of interest to folks, it's a blog entry from a professional bushcraft instructor called Paul Kirtley about how to light a fire with a single match http://tinyurl.com/62n9p3b

His blog is worth a look through and whilst there is some advanced stuff on there, you'll also find some very useable stuff like this. You may recognise his name as he wrote an email to me (along with Simon Ellar the Bushcraft & Survival skills magazine editor) which appeared in my Knotting article which appeared in the Cub supplement.
    Nice Blog page bookmarked. It is remarkable how many cubs are frightened to strike a match. On three ocassions now I've had to get parents to reassure Cubs thats its o.k. for fire lighting with an adult.

Mind you over that hurdle fire lighting and toasting marshmellows is a favourite cub activity in my pack
    Roger Woods
    Assistant Group Scout Leader,
    1st Sawley (All Saints) , Long Eaton

NSRA Air Rifle instructor
    GNAS Archery Instructor
    County Archery Assessor
    Radio Amateur (G8XAN)

Thanks
    Have you noticed how rubbish some matches are these days.... guess like everything buy quality.

Good article

Have you noticed discovery’s latest celebrity fly on wall documentary? They keep saying that the fire wont light and they have a a 75mm flame.

J