My name is Michael Sarjeant, and I am the new District Commissioner for Solihull Cole, which covers the areas of Balsall Common, Chelmsley Wood, Dorridge, Knowle, Marston Green, Olton and Solihull. I have been given the task to rebuild our District and one of them is to get people into roles.

We have an opening in my District team for someone to take on the challenge of ADC Scouts and was wounding, if you could either send this out to your leaders or provide me with anyone you think maybe interested in the role.

In Solihull Cole we have 12 Scout Groups, of which 10 have Scout Troops 2 of which are Sea Scout Units with 1 being linked to the Royal Navy.

I would like someone who has the ideas and the motivation to help move our Scout Sections forward in helping planning and organising of events with Scout Leaders and the other ADCs and the DC, the joys of having someone come in from outside Solihull brings in fresh ideas which we can use.

If anyone is interested in this and are able/willing to travel to Solihull for meetings etc please let me know by e-mailing me on [email protected]

I have tried asking people within my District, and I have also sent an e-mail to the neighbouring Districts of Birmingham, Coventry and Warwickshire, but if someone can think of or have done to try and fill their roles please let me know as I am stuck now

Happy New year all