Thread: badges.escouts.net

Thanks

Talking badges.escouts.net

A new website is now available for Scouts and Explorer Scouts to work their way through activity badges and for Leaders to share ideas for running their sections. It is available at www.badges.escouts.net and consists of 3 main subsites:
    • Scouts - Working through notes for the tasks for the Scout Activity badges
    • Explorers - A slightly more advanced site with the same ideas for Explorer Scouts
    • Leader Ideas - A simple online database of ideas for leaders and ohe adults involved in Scouting
    A new website is now available for Scouts and Explorer Scouts to work their way through activity badges and for Leaders to share ideas for running their sections. It is available at www.badges.escouts.net and consists of 3 main subsites:
    • Scouts - Working through notes for the tasks for the Scout Activity badges
    • Explorers - A slightly more advanced site with the same ideas for Explorer Scouts
    • Leader Ideas - A simple online database of ideas for leaders and other adults involved in Scouting

Each subsite is pretty empty at the moment, so I need content, if you have knowledge of any particular badge for Scouts, or a badge option for Explorer Scouts, why not write up a short page about each requirement, what it means and how to complete it, along with some glossary definitions and quiz questions.

If you would like to help, please visit the site and register on whichever site you want to write for, then e-mail me via the main site and I will make you a badge manager, if everyone could do one badge, we would be finished in no time.

Also, the first person to contact me gets the badge, so be quick!

Webmaster for the 3rd Old Colwyn Scout Group
    badges. .net Project Manager

Thanks
    Hello
    Thanks to those of you who have already registered, I just wanted to know whether or not I should base the Scouts area of the site around the same LMS that the Explorers area is? or would that be to advanced, because the one I have isn't that great as far as functionality goes.

Let me know that you think
    Matthew

Thanks
    I am currently re-installing the Scouts subsite due to errors, everything will be ready in about an hour
    Matthew

Thanks
    All done and working
    Matthew

Thanks
    its looking good so far. Do you need any help with anything? is there any images that you want making? Im not that good but i might be able to come up with something.
    Phil Banyard
    1st Haworth Scouts | Centenary Archery Team | Melton Scout Campsite

Thanks
    Right now i am redeveloping the theme, so there will be a couple of images soon, and I have alomst finished the IT stage 1 area, so you will soon be able to see and test a live working badge, then I will be looking for people to write the content and things for the badges, I dont mind how simple or complex it is or anything providing it is all true and there is at least 1 resource for each requirement, please either PM me or e-mail [email protected] if you would like to volunteer or have any questions, using it is quick and simple, you need no skills as far as programming, web design or software development are concerned.

Thanks
    Matthew

Thanks
    If you are interested in doing anything at all to help this project, please go to the PhPbb forum I have set up at www.forum.badges.escouts.net and register, we can arrange who is doing what from there
    Matthew

Thanks
    Just to let everyone know, I am currently writing content for badges, which are right now the Cub badges I did (as a Cub of course)

Please can anyone either e-mail me at [email protected] or send me a PM if you can help with anything
    Matthew

Thanks
    How about a nice big logo:
    Something with Escouts Badges on and is 400*100 pixels, sort of similar to the moodle logo (www.moodle.org)
    Matthew