4th Huddersfield Golcar Scout Group
    4thgolcar.org.uk
    District Media Development Manager
    Huddersfield South West
    hswscouts.org.uk

Thanks

hello

Hello, I'm Mark Bryan

I've been reading threads at Escouts for a while now so i have decided to register!

Just to introduce myself:

Im mark, 13 years old, i am a Scout at 1st Bearley and Snitterfield Scout Group in West Warwickshire.

I haven't been in Scouting for long, i joined because my aunt is the scout leader there. It's great, i am looking forward to doing dovetrek in a couple of weeks.

Interests are Rock Climbing, Hiking, Camping & Quad Biking,

See you guys around!

mark bryan.

Thanks
    Welcome Mark, hope you enjoy your stay at
    Daniel

Explorer Scout Leader | Group Trustee
    4thgolcar.org.uk
    Huddersfield South West
    hswscouts.org.uk

Awards Team
    Thanks
    Hello there I'm Tim Nicholls. I'm a 15 year old Explorer Scout from Bedford, currently a member of LionHeart ESU and a Young Leader with 101st Kempston Scout Group, to which LionHeart ESU is attached. I've been in scouting since beavers, and I've recently taken over the running of the Lionheart ESU website.
    Tim Nicholls - Bedford Explorer Scouts

Thanks
    Welcome Tim, if you need any help with anything there is always someone on who has the answer
    Daniel

4thgolcar.org.uk
    Huddersfield South West
    hswscouts.org.uk

1st B&S ASL
    Thanks

Welcome Mark

Bout time someone else from West Warwickshire joined!!

Also welcome to Tim.
    Tim

1st Bearley and Snitterfield Scout Group
    www.scoutsgowild.org

West Warwickshire Scout District
    www.westwarwickshire.co.uk

Warwickshire Scout Network

Thanks

Cool Hey there!

Hi there everyone,

My names Leon and I live in Sheffield for part of the time studying medicine at Sheffield University but also have my home back in Derbyshire where I am an active member of Sandiacre Network Unit.

I've been a part of scouting since the age of 6 when i joined 2nd Ilkeston Beavers and moved through all the sections upto Ventures, which unfortunately due to decreased numbers folded at 2nd Ilkeston, and so a group of us moved to Sandiacre Venture unit which has evolved into the Network Unit it is today.

I enjoy many different outdoor activities from climbing to walking to camping, aswell as taking part in the Nottingham Gangshow (which for anyone in the area, who isn't going already, is on from the 4th-9th April 2005!!).

See everyone around,

Leon Hickinbotham

Thanks
    Welcome to Leon
    Daniel

4thgolcar.org.uk
    Huddersfield South West
    hswscouts.org.uk

Thanks

Smile Hi all

Hi

My name is Toni.

I am a scout Leader from Royal Eltham district, GLS

Found this website whilst doing a search for the Malvern Challenge.
    I have two teams of scouts taking part this year and was hoping to find some more info on the tpe of things they'll be doing on the hike.
    It's our first visit to the challenge [ havent been able to get spaces in previous years ]

Toni

Thanks
    the hike, an 8 mile hike with bases at every mile i think. theres normaly a clicming wall.

last year there was a rap off, which we won

if you need to know more, which u propbably will need visit their homepage. www.sr-mc.org

the Malvern Challenge is split up into to dificulties
    The Malvern Challenge and Coltsworld. i would imagine that your group could do the Coltsworld. the hike and bases are just that bit harder

Thanks
    Welcome to Toni
    Daniel

4thgolcar.org.uk
    Huddersfield South West
    hswscouts.org.uk

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the welcome,

not sure on the cotswold challenge - think the average age of my scouts is about 12.

does anyone know what the maximum number of points they can be awarded?

My scouts are asking for sponsorship for the charity based on the number of points they earn, and I don't want parents and friends complaining at me is it around 500?

Any info gratefully received

Toni

Thanks
    Hello!

I’m Graham Macaulay, a “=present – 20/03/1990 “15 year old lad, who lives not to far from London!

Having been a member of escouts for over 2 and half years, I suppose it’s about time I posted about me! Since I first registered escouts has changed significantly (and I’m not just talking about my 977 posts!); when I joined, escouts was run on a phpbb forum with the classic cobalt theme! Since then, escouts moved to postnuke (I think!), where we had an orange autotheme theme and that’s about all I remember. Unfortunately, escouts stopped offering hosting soon after but soon enough, escouts restarted offering hosting and we got back into the scheme of things! Currently, we are with vBulletin and are hosting off a dedicated server located in the UK. For escouts, I activate accounts and try and resolve support tickets as quickly as possible. Also, I try and take part in discussions on the forum!

As for scouting I’m a young leader for the scout section, at the 16Th Purley, as well as this I regularly attend ‘v-crew’ our explorer unit for which I am the treasurer, and I try and keep there site updated for them. On the topic of websites, I also run our district website, if I ever get sent information! The main scouting things for me this year, will be attending Eurojam and it has been setting up an explorer unit at my group.

Sports wise, I often take part in rugby and kayaking. Rugby for my school WCGS, and kayaking for my club PCC. Both are fun in their different ways!

I maintain various websites, including my groups, district, kgmm.co.uk, osinstall.com and the biggest: retehost.com. Most are filled with junk, but hey there’s nothing wrong with that!

So that’s me, what about you? Oh hang on, most have already done this post!

Careers wise, I would like to go into the IT profession, but I guess in reality anything could happen! Previously, I had a nice small job mowing 2 elderly people's lawns and got paid for it, which was a nice earner (money and the sun!), and for a while this helped fund escouts until I realised I had eurojam to pay for!!!!

YiS

Graham Macaulay

P.S: Attached is a photo of me, doesn't show it very well but I'm about 6'2", and weigh around 13 stone!

P.P.S. Sorry for such a long winded post - mazing what I'll do to get out of coursework!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Hello, my name is Mike and i'm from Rugby in Warwickshire. I am currently an ASL at the 7th Rugby Scout Group, i also organise a lot of the outdoor activities for our group. I have been in scouting right from the beavers. I started at 9th Rugby for beavers and cubs, went to 1st Rugby as a scout and young leader and after first closed it doors for good, i moved to my new home at 7th.

I am currently in the process of creating a new website for the 7th, at www.7thrugby.org.uk, (have a look let me know your thoughts)

Away from scouting I am a network manager at a school in Rugby. Web design/developement is one of my strong points, but anything to do with computers or telecoms i will put my head to! Much to the shock of other IT pros i a'm an APPLE MAC user through and through.
    Mike

Thanks
    Welcome to Escouts Mike.
    Mark
    You can contact Mark via www.4theastcotescouts.org.uk