Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec
    Thanks for the welcome!

David, yes I was a Scout at the 6th Eastcote (where Sam is the Scout Leader). Now I'm at Excalibur Explorers, which uses the 6th Eastcote as its meeting place. I think I recognise your surname, are you related to Mark Winn, GSL of the 4th Eastcote?
    Hi Alec, I'm here too! Welcome to
    Mark
    You can contact Mark via www.4theastcotescouts.org.uk

Thanks
    Never introduced myself in here...

I'm Calum, I'm 15 and an Explorer Scout in Rossendale, East Lancashire. I only started Scouting at the age of nine, which was at the 38th Rossendale tuesday Cub pack. Back then we had two thriving cub packs, two beaver colonies, and a scout troop. We still have them all apart from the monday beavers, which folded and joined with the wednesday beavers. Since then, I have moved through the cubs, scouts and now into the explorers at the 38th Rossendale. Now Monday is the night for the Seat Naze Explorer Scout Unit (will start when our new hut opens in a few weeks or so).

Anyway, I still have my roots in the 38th, but on a monday I attend 43rd Rossendale Scouts as a young leader, I attend Cribden Explorer Scout Unit on a Tuesay (all our local units are named after the hills they meet on), and on a Thursday the explorers at the 38th are at the moment meeting with the scouts still.

I am very keen with my scouting, and I will try and attend as many events as humanly possible, just because I love it so much. I probably will take out a warrant come the time too.

I am attending the Jamboree next year as part of the East Lancashire Contingent, and I hope to see some of you there!

A little bit about me outside of Scouting...
    My main hobby would be playing guitar, I have been playing for around three years or so, and listen to mainly blues, classic rock and folk. I have skied for ten years now, and still go as many weekends as possible (to a dry slope of course). I also play golf, do a lot of cycling, photography and lots more.

I'll shut up now cause I've written loads.

Thanks
    Ok never really spoke on here so umm thought id best =D

Hi im Lyndz, I live in lincoln, Im an explorer but havent been to explorers for nearly a year now! [My explorer group wasnt so great!]

But not long until Im 18 and can move on anyhow at the moment Im a young leader at the 14th lincoln scout group and will help out at the cub group when it reopens and hopefully become a leader there when Im 18 =D

Im also in the lincoln district scout band + RAF voluntary band[Play the clarinet]
    And umm im at college doing alevels at Lincoln college in psychology, art, biology + key skills

Anddd dont really know what else to say except Hi? =]

Thanks
    welcome to escouts calum and lyndzeh!

I used to be an explorer that did all my scouting through the young leaders scheme. Then i decided to help reincarnate our old explorer unit so that the older scouts and myself ahd some scouting other than being a leader to do.

Being a leader is much more fun though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by humpty
    welcome to escouts calum and lyndzeh!

I used to be an explorer that did all my scouting through the young leaders scheme. Then i decided to help reincarnate our old explorer unit so that the older scouts and myself ahd some scouting other than being a leader to do.

Being a leader is much more fun though.
    Yeah we're having a meeting at my house this Friday to plan for out new Explorer unit. We being the explorers that have come from our group and our DESC (at least he was until a few weeks ago, now we don't even have one). Our group hasn't had a venture unit for years, and so when the Monday beavers folded and merged with the Wednesday beavers, we're turning the Monday into an Explorer unit as soon as we get our new hut. We have got the go ahead and decided on a name and our SL has ordered us some nametapes. The meeting is now just planning what activities and badgework etc. we can start doing over the next few months.

Thanks
    Hi my name is Benjamin and I'm a ASL at 1st Otley Scouts in suffolk. I've been in scouting as a beaver upto ventures and network it's 16 years now!. I also setup with a few friends a network group called Ramsey Network we are going fairly well but getting new members is a task in a half
    Last edited by Dinesey; 21-11-2006 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks
    May as well post while i'm here!

Well, i'm Lucy, i'm 15, and i've only recently been dragged into scouting. I worked as staff on a subcamp at Norjam 2006, but ended up spending more time drinking hot chocolate in 1st Gorleston's mess tent than anything else =D They were in the process of organizing the starting of an Explorer unit, and hey presto, here I am! Even though i've only been in scouting since September, i've been within Guiding since I was 5, having gone through Rainbows, Brownies, Guides and now in Rangers as well as Explorers, plus i'm a young leader for 1st Bradwell Guides (which my dear mother was pulled into taking over by my old Guide leader ). I'm looking into becoming a young leader at Scouts or Cubs too, but we'll have to see what happens on that front.. All I have to say, is I wish i'd joined scouting sooner; i've had a great time even in the short period i've been here!

Well, outside Scouting.. I'm currently in my last year of high school, and will be taking my GCSE's next june.. Eeek! I'll then be going on to sixth form where i'm hoping to study chemistry, physics, maths and history. I also play the cello, and I badly need a job

that's me! xx

Thanks
    welcome Luceh

look forward to maths and physics, interesting but very hard

Thanks
    Hehe, thank you, and I shall xD My friends call me nuts.. but i'm determined to do them and do them well =D

Thanks
    I started my Scouting Life in New Zealand at the age of 8 when I joined Cubs, moving onto Scouts and Gaining my Cheif Scouts Award and Bronze D of E, moving onto Ventures and gaining the New Zealnd Endevour Award and Silver D of E and finally the Queens Scout Award and Gold D of E.

On finishing Ventures at the beginning of 1985, at the ripe old age of 19, I took out my first Leaders Warrant with the Cub Section where I remained till I returned to the UK (country of Birth) in 1998. Then in 1999 I became an Assistant Cub Leader with the Basingstoke Air Scout Group.

And yes I still love it after all this time

Douglas Gowan
    www.thescoutingpages.org.uk

Thanks
    hello, Im Tomahawk, an old battle-axe BSL from Surrey! I am a mum of a cub, a beaver and a 4 year old weasle who wants to be a beaver! My hubby is ASL in same group. We've been scouting for 1.5 years - no history in the movement although I was on the other side (Guides) in my teens. Happy to have found you all.

In my life outside scouting I cook, sew, clean, nag....a domestic goddess really! Joined Scouting after reaching "that age" when you realise shopping is sooooooo last year and you really have to put something back if you want to get anything out of life. Before kids, I had a brain and worked in IT.

Thanks
    welcome to escouts you will fit right in!

Woodford Halse, Daventry, Northamptonshire
    Thanks
    Welcome to and what part of surrey is your group as some here may know the area.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
    hello, Im Tomahawk, an old battle-axe BSL from Surrey! I am a mum of a cub, a beaver and a 4 year old weasle who wants to be a beaver! My hubby is ASL in same group. We've been scouting for 1.5 years - no history in the movement although I was on the other side (Guides) in my teens. Happy to have found you all.

In my life outside scouting I cook, sew, clean, nag....a domestic goddess really! Joined Scouting after reaching "that age" when you realise shopping is sooooooo last year and you really have to put something back if you want to get anything out of life. Before kids, I had a brain and worked in IT.
    David Curtis
    Escouts Moderator
    Ecamp2009 - All the way with the epolice
    Ecamp2008 - All the way
    Ecamp2006 - (well for 1 night may be)
    GSL - 1st Woodford Halse
    County Media Manager Northamptonshire
    Web & Communications for
    www.northantsscouts.org.uk
    www.daventryscouts.co.uk
    www.woodfordhalsescouting.co.uk
    Please make all support requests to the forum or the helpdesk

Thanks
    we're in Farnham district! Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks
    My name is Ian I am the Scout Leader in Llandeilo been through Scouting and finally get to give something back. Re started the Llandeilo Troop last september and have grown now and hijacked BSL to form a great partnership for Llandeilo. Mum was Cub Leader (Neath and Leicester), Dad Scout Leader(Neath) and My eldest is a Beaver.
    Looking forward to all events coming in the centenary and want our Scouts to cherish the memories as I do. Major preparing for the Centenary camp underway and Throwing group into community at same time.
    Love the tips and pointers Ive been pinching off Escouts and will continue to do so. Watch this space:- www.llandeiloscoutgroup.escouts.net
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing"

George Bernard Shaw
    [1856-1950]