Thread: Not getting emails from TSA

Thanks

Question Not getting emails from TSA

It has occurred to me this morning (after an email from my GSL about compass) that I don't get any emails from TSA. They're aware of my existence (well at least I hope so, I've been leading for over a year!) and I'm sure they have my email address. No wonder I feel so out of the loop as to what's going on! Does anyone know how I can get on the right list?
    Nyika (formerly Bagheera)

On hiatus.
    Archery Leader

Scouting for All and nobody left behind!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Do you get emails from County (e.g. the county newsletter)?

Once you have Compass access (eventually) you'll be able to ensure your email address is up to date, and select which mailings you want to receive

That said, the Compass emails are only going to GSLs and commissioners, not to all leaders at the moment.

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves

Thanks
    Yeah, I had to get Simon to add me to the list though. Part of the issue is that it took about 6 months for me to go on the books as a leader I think. Will make sure I definitely put the right email address on Compass!

On hiatus.
    Archery Leader

Thanks
    Andrew *should* now have compass access if he's logged in to it so might be able to change it for you... but hopefully you'll get access in the next few weeks. There is talk of a district Compass training session within the next couple of weeks

I have a backlog of leaders at 69th waiting for DBS checks, .. having issues with the DBS system today but hoping it will work soon!!
    Last edited by recneps; 14-11-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks
    I've had a similar issue - I emailed the info centre a while ago and will email them again now that you've reminded me....the last Scouting+ email I got was in Feb 2012...thanks for the reminder to sort that!!

Thanks
    Its worth saying - the info centre currently have a huge backlog of work... due to the number of Compass queries (with GSL access going live) so expect a longer delay than normal!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by recneps View Post
    Andrew *should* now have compass access if he's logged in to it so might be able to change it for you... but hopefully you'll get access in the next few weeks. There is talk of a district Compass training session within the next couple of weeks (Simon, Louise and I are actually emailing each other about dates for it at the moment!)

I have a huge backlog of leaders at 69th waiting for DBS checks, membership numbers, etc... having issues with the DBS system today but hoping it will work soon!!
    We're attempting to have a leaders meeting soon to sort this all out. Dave has raised the issue that the majority of leaders at 21st haven't done the initial training modules so we're all provisional and can't do anything on compass so it's all up for discussion as to how to proceed with this.

On hiatus.
    Archery Leader

CSL (In training)
    Thanks
    Do you get emails from County (e.g. the county newsletter)?

Once you have Compass access (eventually) you'll be able to ensure your email address is up to date, and select which mailings you want to receive

That said, the Compass emails are only going to GSLs and commissioners, not to all leaders at the moment.
    The catch 22 here is that if your email address isn't int he system you *can't* register for compass. I know this as I'm in the same situation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzledbyadream View Post
    We're attempting to have a leaders meeting soon to sort this all out. Dave has raised the issue that the majority of leaders at 21st haven't done the initial training modules so we're all provisional and can't do anything on compass so it's all up for discussion as to how to proceed with this.
    I hadn't realised that a "provisional" appointment affected the level of compass access. If you're right that could cause a lot of issues across the country.

Andrew mentioned at the GSLs meeting that he potentially had a volunteer to help with admin at your group which may be a solution?

Thanks
    I hadn't realised that a "provisional" appointment affected the level of compass access. If you're right that could cause a lot of issues across the country.

Andrew mentioned at the GSLs meeting that he potentially had a volunteer to help with admin at your group which may be a solution?
    Yes, hopefully! I've also volunteered to do bits and pieces so I hope it can all be sorted out.

On hiatus.
    Archery Leader

Thanks
    So I finally signed up for compass and worked out the problem: My old work email address was on record... Have sorted that out now.

I was interested to see that I have been registered in the scout movement since 2009, which is when I turned 18, although I have no idea what I was registered as (possibly a member of network, I didn't have an appointment for sure). None of my time as a young leader has shown up though, which should be from about 2005 to 2009, not sure if it is only counting my time as an adult in the movement. Not any sort of deal but just really interesting, especially as it hadn't occurred to me that I would be put on the same membership number I had when I was a scout before my hiatus.

On hiatus.
    Archery Leader