Thread: Procedures and Leaders.

Thanks

Unhappy Procedures and Leaders.

Hello Wayne,

I have a question, that as a new adult leader in the greater scheme of things, I feel unable to ask at group, district and county level.

Recently I have noticed a trend in my group of non adherence to POR. When asked it's a blasť answer and ignored. I've been an adult leader for approximately 4-5 years and as the The district are all best of friends and don't tolerate dissent very well I am unsure what to do. Not only this, but members of my group are friendly with those on the executive of my county.

What do I do? I have concerns relating to the "yellow card" and bullying by a leader. I have concerns about the same leader and the bullying of adults by them.

I'm at the end of my tether. Im soooooo close to saying "stuff this" the political stuff is unneeded. The fact TSA cannot recruit leaders in this area I'm located, and I really enjoy the work I do with my section is all that's stopping me jacking the whole thing in.

I'm continually undermined by the "other leader" and it's becoming so hard to continue. It's got to the point that I've started to become depressed when I know I'm going to have to have dealing with them. This wouldn't be tolerated in a paid job, but it's "acceptable" in a voulenteer role because this "leader" has always been this way. When anything is said (by others, not just me) it's passed of with "sure blah has always been that way" and I feel that is incorrect. Am I correct in this?

Does anyone have a way to deal with this?

Many thanks,
    One very stressed and depressed Leader

Thanks
    I'm very grateful to TM's thoughtful response and advice on the correct way to report your concerns. If you wish to contact me at ukcc[@]scouts.org.uk or by PM, I'll put you in direct contact with your Chief Commissioner who will be able to assist.

Many thanks,
    Wayne
    Wayne Bulpitt

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bulpittw For This Useful Post:

BillyG245 (17-02-2015),ianw (17-02-2015),Matt Styles (15-05-2015),merryweather (15-05-2015),Neil Williams (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    I have by way of dealing with this issue, and after reading some thoughtful PM and posts here to send a letter detailing my concerns to my GSL (again) to have another go at fixing. I know it will go nowhere but it starts the ball rolling. Wayne, thank you for the offer. That will be my next course of action. I will take you up on getting me intouch with my CC. Thanks again one and all.

Thanks
    Well, here we are a few months down the line, same sh1t different day.

I'm soooo close to throwing my warrant in and regaining my sanity and weekends and nights. And so starts my tale of woe.

I'm still being bullied by a certain leader. They have now decided to get one or two of their friends to write letters into my GSL accusing me of making statements etc. now, when I was told this by my GSL my jaw hit the floor. I was not allowed to hand in any anonymous complaints from parents, but there were 'anonymous' complaints about the handing out of badges willy nilly.

I've tried to tolerate this [email protected] long enough and now it's personal against me. My question and the responses I'm looking for are, are we allowed to take our group leader and executive to court for harassment and for slandering or libel? Or is it the HQ of scouts, for knowing that this is happening (see above) and not doing more to help leaders in similar situations?

Thanks

Thanks
    Please do email me as I offered previously.
    Wayne Bulpitt

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bulpittw For This Useful Post:

BillyG245 (17-05-2015),mediamanager (15-05-2015),merryweather (15-05-2015),Neil Williams (15-05-2015),ntahall (20-05-2015),roger-uk (15-05-2015)