Thread: Roihu 2016

Thanks

Roihu 2016

Has anybody looked at this one http://www.roihu2016.fi/in-english

It is to be held at the Evo campsite in Southern Finland near the town Hämeenlinna.

Has anybody been there before? Got any thoughts about how to get there car hire/public transport, renting camping gear etc?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post

It is to be held at the Evo campsite in Southern Finland near the town Hämeenlinna.

Has anybody been there before? Got any thoughts about how to get there car hire/public transport, renting camping gear etc?
    No but I can put you in touch with some Finnish Scouters if you need any help info
    Roger Woods
    Assistant Group Scout Leader,
    1st Sawley (All Saints) , Long Eaton

NSRA Air Rifle instructor
    GNAS Archery Instructor
    County Archery Assessor
    Radio Amateur (G8XAN)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-uk View Post
    No but I can put you in touch with some Finnish Scouters if you need any help info
    Yes please, that would be great.

DESC
    Thanks
    Yes I looked at this, but it is still within our school term in most schools in England.
    We're planning to go to Iceland instead the week after their Jamboree, as that is also
    during term time here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post

Hi Kev, and nice to see intrest about our camp in UK and in this forum too (I had to register for giving answer, but hopefully its worth of it )

Site is same than used for Kilke 2010 (6th Finnjamboree), Roverway 2012 (WOSM&WAGGGS Event), Saraste 2012(District camp), Ilves 2013(District camp) and Piiru 2014(District camp). (You can find plenty of videos from youtube with camp names, thats why I told also district ones, even tough those are much smallers than National ones (btw. I have been all of those events by myself and still not got bored with the place ). Anyhow, I assume you would like to got more info from other UK scoust about the place and their experiences, so let them speak about those.

You can loan camping gear (tents) etc. from your partner groups, since all international groups are paired up with Finnish ones, who can provide stuff. For transportation, we offer direct bus-service from Airport (HEL, Helsinki-Vantaa) to the campsite.

We know dates are hard for school holidays, but usually you have had easily more holiday from school for Jamboree camps, we have allready plenty of UK groups shown intrest and also many participated for previous editions, such as Kilke (2010) and Tarus (2004).

PS. You can found us at Japan too from Finnish sauna (Near water activity centre, I would personally be there), Finnish NHQ or free time activity center (Finnish knitting point there). So if you are coming there, its easy to ask more If not then don't hesitate to ask here or sent email to [email protected] or to me personally [email protected]

Yours in Guiding and Scouting,
    Juho Keitaanniemi
    International Director
    Finnjamboree 2016 Roihu

If you need more information, dont hesitat

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jukeitaa For This Useful Post:

Kev (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks for taking the trouble to register and make your post! Welcome to escouts.

Thanks
    Our schools break up on 15th July, so this looks fantastic for us. Definitely going to look into it more.