Thread: App for managing our scout hut tasks

Thanks

App for managing our scout hut tasks

Hi

First please note this is a question about apps and not about if we should be doing any of the listed tasks. Many Thanks

We need to do weekly/monthly 6 monthly and yearly tasks in managing our scout hut i.e. testing the fire alarm and emergency lights, etc. etc.
    I’ve been looking at using an app that will run on my smart phone, tablet and home PC.
    The one I’ve been using is ticktick.com and the advantage seems to be 1/ works on phone, tablet and desktop 2/ tasks when completed can be set to repeat 3/ tasks can have a check list 4/ share system . The disadvantage seems to be the reports and not exporting to a spreadsheet.

Anyone else using any apps for this type of task.

Thanks John.

CSL (In training)
    Thanks
    Ones I've seen and quite like....

remember the milk

todoist

Evernote

You'll probably have to pay for them to get everything you want, and Evernote isn't really designed for that sort of thing, but can be made to do it. Todoist and Evernote will also hook into IFTTT which is quite useful.

Then you can get into the whole tracking/project management side with things like Jira, RT, and Pivotal Tracker.

They all have a "software project" bent to them, but they can be used for other stuff easily.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nevynxxx For This Useful Post:

1stupton (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Do you just want to know what tasks are upcoming, have been done and perhaps who did them or do you need to record the findings / more info?
    Jonathan Bloor
    Escouts Team
    Group Scout Leader - 4th Ashby de la Zouch

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,421 Posts
    We use a printed spreadsheet on the wall in our office.... leaders initial when they have done the checks (columns by month - items are greyed out if they don't need doing that month - e.g. annual gas certificate, etc)

Might a simple option be to use a google spreadsheet?

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloory View Post
    Do you just want to know what tasks are upcoming, have been done and perhaps who did them or do you need to record the findings / more info?
    Thanks

With ticktick the tasks show on a a calendar when they are due and you can add notes to each task if needed, knowing who did what would be good. The main downside of ticktick is the reporting of tasks that have been completed, when and by who. Also the ability to export reports to a spreadsheet. Other wise it works well, I just want to look at others out there before spending too much time setting this up.

We use OSM so it would be a great add on (free) so I might try and send a request to ED, only just started using OSM so not sure how to contact them.
    Last edited by 1stupton; 05-10-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by recneps View Post
    We use a printed spreadsheet on the wall in our office.... leaders initial when they have done the checks (columns by month - items are greyed out if they don't need doing that month - e.g. annual gas certificate, etc)

Might a simple option be to use a google spreadsheet?
    You fancy sharing a copy?

Thanks
    Hi

You could always try a bit of paper - iI use this book for our Hall - http://www.screwfix.com/p/firechief-...questid=311182

and a separate folder for certificates of inspection such as gas service, fire ext service etc. It goes back a few years so if anyone ever asks I can produce the file to show them.
    The advantage of the book is it tells you when and what to do - i.e. monthly test on lights, annual discharge test etc.

Its also not subject to stopping randomly when some pesky updates you never wanted on your phone download and you loose the lot, about 2 minutes before the fire inspector comes\ local authority etc.

The only disadvantage is that if the hall does burn down my records are gone but there you go...

Just a thought

Thanks
    Our troop uses Flowster and created custom SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to handle recurring tasks.