Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Compass Report

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet pimp View Post
    So why is the Regional Commissioner for the SW living in Berkshire doing Compass?
    Who knows - because he was asked to?
    Peter

Former CSL - 2nd Bracknell

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tzu (600 BC - 531 BC)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBaloo View Post
    Who knows - because he was asked to?
    Is having a/the major investment by the TSA loaded onto an already busy person who lives 100 miles from his patch is the best way to proceed? What skills does he have?or time available? I know of a group that has asked the sw commisoner for a mtg and he simply refuses to meet.

Thanks
    This chap - http://www.clearthoughtsolutions.co.uk/

Wasn't entirely impressed with him at the District event he presented to - provided a summary of some leader surveys that showed the more pressing concern was volunteer recruitment and then moved seamlessly into telling us that as part of Vision 2018 we needed to reach more kids - no hint of a connection between the two. Seemed a nice enough chap though.

Thanks
    Is having a/the major investment by the TSA loaded onto an already busy person who lives 100 miles from his patch is the best way to proceed? What skills does he have?or time available? I know of a group that has asked the sw commisoner for a mtg and he simply refuses to meet.
    I am not sure why you are asking these questions here - you are very unlikely to get an answer you find satisfactory from the members here!

I would suggest that if you are that concerned, you address your questions to those that will be able to answer them and good luck with that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mang21 View Post

Wasn't entirely impressed with him at the District event he presented to - provided a summary of some leader surveys that showed the more pressing concern was volunteer recruitment and then moved seamlessly into telling us that as part of Vision 2018 we needed to reach more kids - no hint of a connection between the two. Seemed a nice enough chap though.
    That sounds like Hamish! He was CC in my County, so I have some experience of attending presentations by him.
    Peter

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tzu (600 BC - 531 BC)

Thanks
    I am not sure why you are asking these questions here - you are very unlikely to get an answer you find satisfactory from the members here!

I would suggest that if you are that concerned, you address your questions to those that will be able to answer them and good luck with that!

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like Hamish! He was CC in my County, so I have some experience of attending presentations by him.
    I did.i got the expected answer . this highlight whats really wrong with this movement.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I did and got the expected answer. It just highlights what's wrong with scouting.

Thanks
    I did and got the expected answer. It just highlights what's wrong with scouting.
    In that case, I am not sure what more you can do about it really. I rather think that the likes of you and me are not going to be able to influence these matters to any significant degree.
    Peter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBadBaloo For This Useful Post:

scarlet pimp (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    In that case, I am not sure what more you can do about it really. I rather think that the likes of you and me are not going to be able to influence these matters to any significant degree.
    I agree.but that also highlights the problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mang21 View Post

Often the problem. Lots of strategy, youth shaped vision etc. Nothing wrong with that, all for the youth led bit. But it seems disconnected from actual nitty gritty of supporting volunteers and support at the coal face in many cases. You can have all the youth councils in the world, but if there's no where to meet or store equipment, a decent district support network etc.

What does a regional commissioner do? What's the job description.

No mountain too high PeterSheppard's Avatar
    Thanks
    So why is the Regional Commissioner for the SW living in Berkshire doing Compass?
    Berkshire is South West region.

He was tasked during mid 2015 with being the volunteer lead from the Chief Commissioner's Team for the re-introduction of Compass.
    Assistant Area Commissioner (Activities) - Gwent

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap... but by the seeds you plant"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterSheppard View Post
    Berkshire is South West region.

He was tasked during mid 2015 with being the volunteer lead from the Chief Commissioner's Team for the re-introduction of Compass.
    Berkshire is South East region.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fmolesey For This Useful Post:

scarlet pimp (07-01-2016)

No mountain too high PeterSheppard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fmolesey View Post
    Berkshire is South East region.
    OK, being geographically challenged this evening, and my usual place for looking things like that up isn't available right now. Probably something to do with having been roped into doing route planning for a 1600km+ relay walk earlier in the day too...
    Assistant Area Commissioner (Activities) - Gwent

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap... but by the seeds you plant"

Thanks
    OK, being geographically challenged this evening, and my usual place for looking things like that up isn't available right now. Probably something to do with having been roped into doing route planning for a 1600km+ relay walk earlier in the day too...
    It doesnt matter.if this compass project is so important why a)is a national figure not leading (some claim to be IT experts) b) why is the project not the singke focus ie full time on it with a replacement found for their old role? It's nuts to have commissioners so far away - presumably appointed as close to their mates at gilwell rather than the coalface issues being left in the sw.

Thanks
    It doesnt matter.if this compass project is so important why a)is a national figure not leading (some claim to be IT experts) b) why are they not full time on it with a replacement found for their old role? It's nuts to have commissioners so far away - presumably appointed as close to their mates at gilwell rather than the coalface of the sw.

Thanks
    Did I miss the report?
    Or has due course still not been run yet?