Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Future of eScouts?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BalooNav View Post
    I’d add a c). I mostly read on a phone and often CBA to try and type anything more than a few words on the damn thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People love it or hate it, but for me SwiftKey offers a much faster keypad entry on a touch screen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RisingStar View Post
    People love it or hate it, but for me SwiftKey offers a much faster keypad entry on a touch screen
    I use SwiftKey on every touch screen smartphone and tablet i've ever owned.
    Keith "Hawkeye"
    (Acting) Beaver Scout Section Leader (Woodbadge)
    Group Badge Secretary
    Group Web Manager
    Fundraising Co-ordinator - Group Family Camp 2018
    1st Ingleby Barwick (St Francis) Scout Group

https://www.inglebybarwickscouts.org.uk

WE NEED MORE ADULT VOLUNTEERS!
    Volunteer at 1st Ingleby Barwick Scout Group
    Section Leaders, Assistant Section Leaders, Sectional Assistants, Occasional Helpers, etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Magician View Post
    but it would be nice if more people who read the forum felt like contributing.
    OOh, you should be careful what you ask for. Soon you'll have strange people from far far away adding content when they really have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no idea why there's only a core group on any forum. The wonderful thing about this forum and the equivalent one far far away is that people are generally good. I expect that for forums involving hobbies but people get really into the purpose of scouts and I can see it getting to be like politics and religion - not a safe subject at a party - but not here, so my hat's off to all of you.

Thanks
    I just find Facebook hopelessly unstructured. You saw a programme idea a week ago there, and now you want to use it - what hope have you of finding it, especially if you can't remember the right keywords for a search? In some groups, you can't find anything a day later. And as for focusing on a particular topic, or looking for the latest contributions by an interesting poster, or really anything that's about anything actually useful...

I post on a couple of hobby forums. All such things suffer from the plague of the same question being asked again and again. But sometimes we're spared it because someone revives a five-year-old thread, full of useful and relevant information. Try that on Facebook.

There I go, showing my age. I gather Facebook is pretty passé these days too
    SL, 11th Hitchin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DKRSL View Post
    Aye, the kids are all podcasting their etsy snapchats.

10 pages on the census that happens every year (though most of it probably isn't really about the census)...still life in the dog yet!
    Ian Wilkins
    Farnham District Explorer Scout Commissioner

Jambowlree - Worldwide Scout Ten Pin Bowling Competition
    All sections, all countries, runs December 2018 - May 2019
    http://www.jambowlree.org

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKRSL View Post
    I just find Facebook hopelessly unstructured. You saw a programme idea a week ago there, and now you want to use it - what hope have you of finding it, especially if you can't remember the right keywords for a search? In some groups, you can't find anything a day later. And as for focusing on a particular topic, or looking for the latest contributions by an interesting poster, or really anything that's about anything actually useful...

I post on a couple of hobby forums. All such things suffer from the plague of the same question being asked again and again. But sometimes we're spared it because someone revives a five-year-old thread, full of useful and relevant information. Try that on Facebook.

It is dreadfully organised, but there is a way to work around it, for your first issue: I have a group with only me in it, and share anything I want to keep to that group.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bluesam3 For This Useful Post:

ianw (30-01-2019)

Thanks
    There's actually a really useful feature on Facebook for saving interesting things called... "save post".

In the top right hand corner of each post on Facebook there are 3 dots (might be an arrow depending on which version of the app you have). Press that and choose "save post".

To access your saved posts search for "saved" or use the main menu to navigate to saved posts.

You can even categorise them to your hearts content.
    James

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonhhjh For This Useful Post:

ianw (30-01-2019),shiftypete (30-01-2019)