Thread: I'm a cub get me outta here ideas

Thanks

Question I'm a cub get me outta here ideas

We are planning to do a "I'm a cub get me outta here" night this term, and since it was my idea I need to come up with some things to do. We thought we would get our sixes to collect stars so they need to work as a team and each one do at least one challenge. I thinking some of the challenges could putting their hands into something unknown to find the star (like cold cooked spaghetti) or eating something unusual.

So I wondered if anyone has any ideas or links to any resources that can help me!

Thanks
    Nicola

Thanks
    Star in a bowl of beans, cold is better but hot if it's red six. Eating donuts tied to a broomstick just above kneeling height but too low to stand, no hands. Stewed steak in a tin but with label removed and dog food label in its place, each six has too eat the tin between them for a star. Open it up in front off them....egg in a mouth and have others throw foam balls at them whilst walking length of the hall, small eggs are best obviously. Big water balloon fights the last challenge. I'll try and think of some more but red wine has ran out so goodnight for now.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cottsyboy For This Useful Post:

claire.shadbolt (15-01-2017),eskibrew (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    This came up 'recently' somewhere but can't find the thread. we did it last year and this is what worked well:-

- Blancmange brain. found a jelly mould to make it and injected it with strawberry sauce so it ooozed
    - Worms. jelly in straws
    - eye balls. lychees with with a pupil drawn on with a food colouring pen
    - dog food. Open a 'ring pull tin' at the opposite end. feed the food to a dog, clean out can, then refill with jelly and mushed up mars bar. Let it set and then seal the open end. On the day, you can then open the tin by the ring pull which gives the impression it is a new tin

Google Halloween food for ideas

Activities:-

- spooky spiders web to crawl through
    - Balloon Surprise - coloured balloons for each team. Hung from a string mixed up between 2 trees. 1 cub blindfolded and directed to their team colours by the rest of the team. They have a stick with a pin on. Must burst the balloon above their head. Filled with water, flour, cold custard, cold hot choc, etc.... A handful of sawdust down the back of the neck feels like bugs creeping down your back.

Again, check out halloween games

Jonathan

GSL

ex-Chairman
    49th Bournemouth (St. Katherines) Air Scouts
    NSRA YPS Tutor (Air Rifles)

Thanks
    brain.jpg A picture for you

Jonathan

GSL

ex-Chairman
    49th Bournemouth (St. Katherines) Air Scouts
    NSRA YPS Tutor (Air Rifles)

Thanks
    These are brilliant ideas! thank you

Thanks
    We did a get me outta here camp last year, here are some ideas from it.

I’m A Cub Get Me Out Of Here!
    Welcome to the jungle Cubs. This weekend you will be competing many trials to earn rewards. Which team will win the most trials?

Two small cash boxes, and some cardboard boxes can form the back bone of a lot of the trials (see below) Rewards for winning trials could be: no washing up for the day: Bottle of fizzy drink at dinner time: extra pudding for the team etc. Keep a tally of the rewards one and have a presentation to the teams in the afternoon before dinner.

1. Key Retrieval Challenges – Lots of trails can be built around the recovery of a key for a locked box. They can be hung from a string high up and the cubs need to find a way to get them down. They can be put in a restricted area and the cubs need to build a bridge to retrieve them. Or they can be tied to a ping pong ball and put into a tube that needs to be filled with water to get it back.
    2. Hidden Box Trials – A large cardboard box with a small hole for the cubs to reach inside. Inside could be a key in a bowl of cold custard or baked beans. The box could be filled with rubber snakes (add a little liquid soap to make them, nice and slimy) Have a secret hole at the back where a leader can sneak his hand in to make the snakes move!
    3. Challenge Trials – give the cubs some old inner tube lengths, staves and ropes and challenge them to build a catapult to launch a tennis ball. The team that gets its ball furthest wins the trial.
    Scavenge trials – Hide some treasures in the forest (the gold stones used in other themes would work well) You could either judge on amount or weight found to win the trial

Thanks
    Thank you for all your fab ideas. We've just done a planning session for the night and I'm so excited, I can't wait!

We've decided to split our 3 sixes up so they are in separate areas of our hall (we are lucky enough to have a large lobby area, a large kitchen area and a main hall).

So the lobby will be the 'panic room' and Cubs have to break the code to get out. This is all about the communicator badge. They will be given 2 coded messages and will have to work in 3's to decode them, added together they will tell the Cubs that they need to look for a mobile phone and where to find it. Once they find it they will then be given written instruction to follow to write a 6 word message in code and then each cub will need to use the mobile they found to text the leader a coded word from the message. From this the six will earn 2 stars. They will have 15-20 mins to do this, so if they don't finish in time they don't get the stars.

Another six will be in the main hall doing a dizzy dodgy assault course, so blindfolded, spin round 10 times then negotiate around chairs /comes to get to the other end of the hall with the rest of the six helping to give directions, we might use clapping only, or just leave them to work out that if they are all shouting at the same time the person won't be able to hear. They'll have 15-20 mins to get each of their six from one end to the other and get a star each for doing so

The 3rd six will be enjoying delightful delicacies in the kitchen. Eyeballs in worm stew (or lychees in cold cooked spaghetti) 1 cub will have to be blindfolded and stick their hands into the stew to find 2 eyeballs, then 2 of the six will have to eat them - this will earn them 3 stars. Dinner with kitty (corned beef and mashed potato mixed and stuffed into cat food tins. We'll tell them it's cat food and if they all try some and finish the tin between them they win a star. Kangaroo intestines - 2 Cubs blindfolded will have to put their hands in a tray of tinned spaghetti and find the kangaroo's intestine (a piece of string) when they find it they will have to tie a reef knot in it to win a star each. and finally they can have a drink of caterpillar smoothie, 1 pint glass. 6 straws, they have to empty the glass. Which will contain a broccoli cucumber and apple smoothie. The sixes will rotate round each room so each six can earn up to 15 stars and the winning six will get free tuck shop the following week

wish us luck - I think we're going to need it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NicolaD For This Useful Post:

not-so (17-01-2017)

Thanks
    This thread has made me feel really sick! I would certainly be "getting out of there" on the food challenges but then I've always been a wuss.
    Nyika (formerly Bagheera)

On hiatus.
    Archery Leader

Scouting for All and nobody left behind!

Thanks
    Re the snake one. We did something similar. Although a leader's pet snake did come for the weekend. So Friday night the scouts were all "ooh and ahh or eek" over the snake. The next day they are blind folded and have there hands in a box with a piece of hose pipe that is made to move by the adult stationed there. Not too many scouts found the ping pong balls in that box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk