Thread: Delay between compass and DBS

Thanks

Delay between compass and DBS

So for ages now I've done all our CRBs on a laptop at the hut, no forms needed and no delays. Win win.

However the last 2 times I've had a problem, where previously I request a new disclose in compass I then log in to Atlantic and it's sitting there waiting, it's now taking more than 24 hours to arrive. Which is a bit embarrassing when your volunteer expects to get it all done then and there.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pepper View Post
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Last one I did was a couple of days before Christmas, I didn't have that problem.
    Ian Wilkins
    Farnham District Explorer Scout Commissioner

Jambowlree - Worldwide Scout Ten Pin Bowling Competition
    All sections, all countries, runs December 2017 - May 2018
    http://www.jambowlree.org

Thanks
    Normally when I do it, if I set up a new compass record then from the disclosure screen select request new DBS, I am taken to the Atlantic log in site where I log in and after choosing my role I am asked whether I want to process the DBS now or send an invite by email for them to do it.

Select either option and when completed and log out of Atlantic the Compass record updates to show what a DBS is in process. (cant remember the exact words).

Thanks
    Thanks that's correct as to how it should be. But on logging into Atlantic, there were no DBS's pending. The last 2 have both taken over 24 hours to arrive..

Thanks
    Thanks that's correct as to how it should be. But on logging into Atlantic, there were no DBS's pending. The last 2 have both taken over 24 hours to arrive..
    Not done it for a week so will check next time I have one to do.

Thanks
    This keeps happening for me and it's really annoying. I asked the info centre and they just said 'yes allow 24 hours', but that's nonsense because sometimes it's instant.

Thanks
    As a matter of interest, last DBS I had personally, back in July, took over 4 weeks to arrive through the post, which was very long indeed, I don't know if anyone else has suffered these delays.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 1,202 Posts
    This keeps happening for me and it's really annoying. I asked the info centre and they just said 'yes allow 24 hours', but that's nonsense because sometimes it's instant.
    It appears to me there are two mechanisms for getting it across - the overnight batch job and direct login. So it appears straight away if the "punch out" works, but if it doesn't you have to wait.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RisingStar View Post
    As a matter of interest, last DBS I had personally, back in July, took over 4 weeks to arrive through the post, which was very long indeed, I don't know if anyone else has suffered these delays.
    Probably at that time of year it would be because schools doing theirs for the next school year and as they pay and there is a lot of them they will take priority.

Add to that people going on holiday so fewer staff in the DBS offices?

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't had to do one since June, but never had an issue with them before EXCEPT where it was for someone under 18 or for someone who was not starting their appointment until today or in the future.

If they have been in the past no problems.

Thanks
    I think it also depends on the individual (maybe there's a background check somewhere).

Last bank holiday I drove round to our new GSL's house to DBS him and the link didn't work on time - I had to use a paper form then put him on compass later.

Whilst hoping that the GSL's details would arrive I input our new ASL, who was previously a YL with me. His details popped up on the DBS system immediately so I was able to complete my day by going round to his house and doingthe DBS. The GSL's details arrived when I checked the next morning.

As usual, we have no certainty about anything working with Compass.