Thread: CSI/Detective/Spy Evening for Scouts

Thanks

CSI/Detective/Spy Evening for Scouts

I'm in charge at Scouts next week and the past few weeks we've done a fair few 'Sporty' things, that some kids enjoy, and some don't... So I want to do something a little different.

I am thinking of doing a 'CSI/Spy/Problem Solving' evening to get them working well in smaller groups and doing something a little different.

Does anyone have a resource they've already made so i'm not reinventing the wheel?
    I bat for both teams...
    Yes, i'm bi... organisational!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ker-stee View Post
    I'm in charge at Scouts next week and the past few weeks we've done a fair few 'Sporty' things, that some kids enjoy, and some don't... So I want to do something a little different.

I am thinking of doing a 'CSI/Spy/Problem Solving' evening to get them working well in smaller groups and doing something a little different.

Does anyone have a resource they've already made so i'm not reinventing the wheel?
    One activity we did with Cubs earlier this year (takes a little bit of prep). Get hold of some menus from your local Chinese takeaway (other nationalities will work if they number their menu)and leave a couple lying around but not too prominent. Then give Cubs a hand written menu featuring dishes on the menu. Don't tell them anything else.

They have to work out that these dishes are on the menus that are lying around and also work out that it's the numbers of the dishes that they need to solve the puzzle.

You, of course, have carefully planned it so that the numbers, in the given order, give a phone number/safe code/something else that will work for you! (Our local Chinese helpfully uses a Q prefix for quorn dishes which the Cubs got was meant to be a leading zero)
    Kate, CSL (and GDB(S))
    1st Weald Brook Scout Group
    Brentwood, Essex
    www.1stwealdbrook.org.uk