Thread: Brand Centre - how to download an image?

Thanks

Brand Centre - how to download an image?

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me. I'm trying to produce a banner using a local printing firm
    The ones on the Scouts brand centre are massively more expensive, so all I want is the PDF or whatever from the brand centre. In the past I have done this no problem, but on the new website all I can get is a preview with "Preview" stamped all over it - not very helpful. It does mention that downloadable pdfs are available, but I can't find them - can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 735 Posts
    I believe you select the download option then go through the whole checkout process to "buy" the item for zero cost and then it is emailed to you. Seems a ridiculous system to me rather than just having a proper download option but there you go.

Peter Andrews AESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group
    www.falkonerscouts.org.uk

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

Wike, North Leeds District Campsite - www.wikecampsite.org.uk
    www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shiftypete For This Useful Post:

big chris (08-09-2018),PaulArthurs (10-09-2018)

Thanks
    For the new brand logos, i had to go through the whole process as Peter said and checkout (its free for those that are images or pdf), i was then emailed a link to download the actual item
    Dave Ralphs
    DofE Advisor
    Oxford Spires District

Thanks
    Thanks for trying to help, but the banner that looks about right for what I want (https://scoutsbrand.org.uk/catalogue...or-banner-3x1m) doesn't seem to have a download option....?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr_Pepper For This Useful Post:

dralphs (09-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 735 Posts
    Yeah i think the download option is only available for items that you can print

Peter Andrews AESL of Headingley Pirates ESU, Group Scout Leader & Webmaster of Falkoner Scout Group
    www.falkonerscouts.org.uk

Previous Scouting Roles
    2003 - 2013 ABSL
    2017-2018 AGSL

Wike, North Leeds District Campsite - www.wikecampsite.org.uk
    www.leeds-solar.co.uk
    Please note all views expressed are my own and not those of any organisation I'm associated with

Thanks
    aargh. Why is it so restrictive? I can't get exactly what I want from their poster design even if I did want to pay 3 times the price.

Thanks
    ok so it took ages but I designed one myself for our 6x2 banner and it came out ok, i thought i might as well show you. I have the template now so if anyone wants one just give me a shout. It's probably not perfect but its as close to on-brand as my design skills allow. Shame they dont let you properly customise things in the brand centre though.
    Untitled2.png

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr_Pepper For This Useful Post:

dralphs (09-09-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pepper View Post
    aargh. Why is it so restrictive? I can't get exactly what I want from their poster design even if I did want to pay 3 times the price.
    I think the purpose of the brand centre is to make it quick and easy to produce a poster of a few set designs. If you want to customise it, they make all the logos and artwork downloadable and it's a free font so you can do what you want with it.

You might argue they've got the balance a bit wrong between how customisable the stock poster templates are, but I can see why they've done it. It is very quick and easy to knock out a poster using one of the standard designs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingstonCubber View Post
    I think the purpose of the brand centre is to make it quick and easy to produce a poster of a few set designs. If you want to customise it, they make all the logos and artwork downloadable and it's a free font so you can do what you want with it.

You might argue they've got the balance a bit wrong between how customisable the stock poster templates are, but I can see why they've done it. It is very quick and easy to knock out a poster using one of the standard designs.
    I guess the idea is to make it simple and so that people who do not know how to design can still produce posters etc
    Chris Hawes, District Media Manager, Watford North Scout District and Watford Scouts; Group Secretary and Webmaster, 9th North Watford Scout Group.
    Web designer of free Scouting templates, Scouting Themes 4 WordPress.

Social media
    Twitter: @WNScouts / @9NWScouts
    Facebook: /WNScouts
    Instagram: @wnscouts

Thanks
    Bit the point is I cannot produce something the same or similar to what I've had to make myself. It seems counterproductive because it they just a allowed a download of that poster they'd eliminate the risk of anyone making a mess of the brand guidelines when they design one themselves.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingstonCubber View Post

I find the standard designs no use for what I want to do. There is just not enough space for the information as the "large text" takes up way too much of the poster and won't resize small enough to be usable.

I've gone back to using Word.
    To get more kids we need more adults - are we getting the message yet?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pepper View Post
    Bit the point is I cannot produce something the same or similar to what I've had to make myself. It seems counterproductive because it they just a allowed a download of that poster they'd eliminate the risk of anyone making a mess of the brand guidelines when they design one themselves.
    But it is perfectly possible to produce something on brand centre that isn't in accordance with the brand guidelines as I discovered yesterday when I saw the new external sign for our HQ. I have read the guidelines but the person who ordered the sign hadn't and, quite reasonably, assumed that if it came from brand centre then it would follow the guidelines..... . We won't be changing it!
    Kate, CSL (and GDB(S))
    1st Weald Brook Scout Group
    Brentwood, Essex
    www.1stwealdbrook.org.uk